This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PC2012

MFH - 1:20 Eagle T1G 1968

Full of admiration on your modelling skills, even more so for your positive outlook, wishing you all the very best.

Wonderful to hear of your rally Paul. May the Surgical Gods  and the Modeling Gods hasten your complete recovery! And get you back in action here. You still owe us the completion shots of the Maserati 450, which I personally am waiting for!

C'mon man !

C

2 hours ago, Codger said:

Wonderful to hear of your rally Paul. May the Surgical Gods  and the Modeling Gods hasten your complete recovery! And get you back in action here. You still owe us the completion shots of the Maserati 450, which I personally am waiting for!

C'mon man !

C

I second that :)

Best wishes

Ron

Silver911 Thank you very much. 

Codger, you know, I KNEW that's what you would ask for! I've got some spare parts now thanks to Profile 24. I will finish that first I promise you!! ☺

58 minutes ago, PC2012 said:

Silver911 Thank you very much. 

Codger, you know, I KNEW that's what you would ask for! I've got some spare parts now thanks to Profile 24. I will finish that first I promise you!! ☺

In good time my Good Man - check with the various Gods to make sure you're good to go.

-And I never forget an outstanding model...:cheers:

Can anyone advise me on what is the best type of filler to use on the exhaust? Thanks

exh2_zpsrummgsal.jpg

exh1_zpsaaycyww3.jpg

I'd try Mr Surfacer 500, brush it on over the gaps and wipe it off when dry with some cellulose thinners or Isopropyl on a cotton bud.  It does sink when it dries, so may take 2 or 3 applications.

Alternatively, as it is white metal, you could use any filler from Halfords, like P38 or even some Stopper.

Two part Bondo will adhere well to the WM. Can be smoothed in place also like Surfacer. I use iso also on a bud or finger.

Personally, I would solder the joints with low-melt (70deg) solder....nice and strong. White-metal melts at approx. 180deg, so I set my iron to 100 (it's lowest setting) and works a treat! Any of the previous suggestions will also work well if you don't have soldering implements!

Cheers, H

It really is quite easy to learn and it's not expensive to get set-up. With a bit of patience and practice, you'll soon be soldering allsorts of stuff!

Cheers, H 

Nothing wrong with your hand / eye coordination.

Just your head is coo-coo.....:mental: