MFH - 1:20 Eagle T1G 1968

PC2012

Great work Sam! You, Ron and the project manager, Chas are doing justice to Paul’s unfinished masterpiece and it will end up looking like he was able to have built the entire model. I know that is the aim for his family here so, you guys keep up the great work!

• Like 2

A word on the status of this project.

Sam has discovered that several important screws and all four wheel wingnuts were absent from the parts needed.

After a lengthy response time MFH has informed us that they are in stock and being shipped at this time.

Sam has progressed best he could but the work was largely cosmetic without the needed parts. He will update as soon as parts are fitted and assemblies are available.

Our goal remains to return a complete, beautiful model to Paul's family at the completion of the work.

• Like 1

Gents, this is my favourite build on this site, and as someone whose life has been affected by cancer it has been a pleasure to watch your work.  Cant wait to see the final result, but can if that makes sense 

Kudos gents, kudos 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cati said:

Gents, this is my favourite build on this site, and as someone whose life has been affected by cancer it has been a pleasure to watch your work.  Cant wait to see the final result, but can if that makes sense 

Kudos gents, kudos 

Sure it makes sense and glad to have you well and on board. Paul's family will be as well.

Thanks for following.

C

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all of you friends.

Thank you for following the continuation of this build 

As some of you may remember, we are still waiting for the essential small screws sent by MFH from Japan. It is not possible to tighten the central part body and chassis so as to precisely 'fit and fix' the front and back sub-assemblies. This is a total domino-effect construction.

Meanwhile, this is how the Eagle's oil radiator looks in reality :

20181127_063800

And this is a semi-sober scaled version 1/20 before all parts are assembled. i thought a little update is better than none. 

the radiator is a little thinner on the MFH.

20181127_064944

the left-side little container of 3 brake and clutch hydraulic fluids containers you see here had to be scratched, it is one of the missing parts Codger mentioned and not possible to order from MFH.

The hoses and duct vents can not yet be assembled before the front subassembly part is fitted. 

But i have started working on these ducts, polish polish polish and heat-shrink hose and a little weathering. This will be posted later when completed.

As you see, although not yet screwed in place am happy to say it sits perfectly flush on all sides !

20181127_143142

ah i forgot, the little squared shape reserve oil tank is finished and in place. The cover is also scratched.

see you soon with the little parts from MFH

Sam

• Like 4

Difficult and precise work well done Sam. The very important alignment of major assemblies will ensure an accurate-looking replica.

Finishes on the parts are very life-like. A treat to see. Thanks for your care and skill in this tedious work. :worthy:

• Like 1

First of all, I would like to say how sorry and sad I am about what happened to Paul (PC2012).

I wonder how I missed this build as I am a MFH unconditional and a great fan of Dan Gurney and of course of the Eagle Weslake T1G.  

Beautiful build and great skills.

I will for sure follow this build by now.

Pascal.

P.S: may you please tell me from which book the pics are?... MFH Joe Honda?...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pg265 said:

Beautiful build and great skills.

I will for sure follow this build by now.

Pascal.

P.S: may you please tell me from which book the pics are?... MFH Joe Honda?...

Great to have you here Pascal. Here is the reference book:

https://www.amazon.com/Gurney-Eagle-Weslake-F1-Stance-Monograph/dp/0989114910

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, well... So now it’s sure, I’m definitely STUPID!!

I have it at home... (Sigh)

Thanks for your welcome and for the kind reminder! ;) 

Pascal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you Gentlemen for your compliments - Am so honoured because in terms of skills you all really dwarf me 🙀.

Just a small PS: the front rocker arms you see are still a work in progress, the weld lines still need some thinning and i will smoothen the edges further of the rocker arms before an airbrush run of flat dull aluminium. The contrasts you see are not the result of a wash. i will only apply washes later and only on joints and some tanks and reservoirs.

Pascal @pg265, thank you ! Indeed you are the best MFH builder i have seen on this and any site i have come across. Your cars are more realistic and with a better finish than the ones posted by clients on the MFH website i think. You also make it look so simple...

I am sure Paul thought the same as i had sent him a link to the build of one of your legendary Ferraris when he received his first MFH car. This is also my first MFH build. I look at your posts often and learn much from them. So plenty of respect and admiration from me.:worthy:🏎️

While waiting for the small screws, i did some work on aligning the rear axles - (with coffee at the ready)

20181127_064236

thats all for now folks !

Sam

• Like 6

Good morning,

@sharknose156: Thanks so much for your kind words.😊

Sharing builds and technics is the aim of modeling: no sharing, no kit!

I’m glad that work I’ve done may have been of held and interest for Paul, you and other mates.

can’t wait to see more of the Eagle Weslake! ;) 

Pascal

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Helo everybody,

A little update, am back !

You may remember the build was delayed a little because of 4 bolts missing.

These bolts go inside the brakes and are essential for fixing the wheels later.

MFH was very kind to send them and they arrived safely.

20181123_165119

This is the rear suspension assembled. 

On the left it is weathered and the right without weathering and without washes. 

20181216_230116#1

Screenshot_20181217-152020_Gallery

20181216_225940

work is resuming so i will be posting more substantial updates regularly now!

thank you for watching

Sam

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cool!

Eagle Weslake build is back!

Great job Sam.

I’m used to add the brake pads inside the calipers using plastic card.

It’s really easy to do and add great details... mainly when it’s visible!:ninja:

Pascal:santa:

• Like 1

Cher Pascal, @pg265

Great idea. Thank you. Noted !

i was assembling the back suspensions and rods and springs to the engine and chassis, geeeeee not easy.

9 support points to assemble quasi-simultanuously.  i will post pictures when i have assembled both sides. 

Sam

I like the fact that you're weathering these parts. Factory-fresh models are the more convenient and overly accepted way to go modelling these racing cars, but I personally much prefer a raced and used look. 

Great that the missing parts have finally arrived. 

Work looks very neat!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sharknose156 said:

Cher Pascal, @pg265

Great idea. Thank you. Noted !

i was assembling the back suspensions and rods and springs to the engine and chassis, geeeeee not easy.

9 support points to assemble quasi-simultanuously.  i will post pictures when i have assembled both sides. 

Sam

If any help holding many parts together for assembly at once, I've found dental floss a great help. :mental:

60.jpg

When done, snip and it's gone...:smartass:

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Codger said:

When done, snip and it's gone...:smartass:

Nice little tip, Chas, thank you.

Good to see this Eagle back on the factory floor again...such a beautiful car.

12 hours ago, Roy vd M. said:

like the fact that you're weathering these parts. Factory-fresh models are the more convenient and overly accepted way to go modelling these racing cars, but I personally much prefer a raced and used look. 

I couldn't agree more. A bit of weathering goes a long , long way in terms of adding realism and believeability to any model. You're doing a cracking job, Sam.

Cheers, H

• Thanks 1