MFH - 1:20 Eagle T1G 1968

PC2012

Small update. I have put many, many coats of lacquer on now. All in all it took me about two weeks (with drying time). Then I'm going to polish and wax it. Just the nose to do now...

lacc1_zpslkdkpkfw.jpg

lacc2_zpsmobolaaq.jpg

• Like 1

48 hours later one panel polished and waxed. I used Zero fine polishing compound and polishing wax. Got some paint down on the nose as well. It will probably take me another week to complete that. It comes out on camera really bright, it's much darker in real life. I've started drilling holes for the front suspension as well.... more riveting! :mellow:

laccc2_zps8emgqkbw.jpg

laccc1_zps0qri9gmv.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Ron. Shaun, 'How many rivets'? Hundreds and hundreds! I'm far from finished, all the metal work to do now and you have to be extra careful because the drills are delicate. So easy to break and more likely to get jammed in the hole you drilled. I've had quite a few go like that...  

Thanks John! Got a long way to go yet :D. I have just finished the nose. I decided to paint it, the lines and the white around the edge of the nose. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to repaint it. Everyday I found something wrong! It's done now. I've just done a quick mock up. Hopefully I'll post more tomorrow... 

mu1_zps6zidudz2.jpg

mu2_zpsthzzxhmf.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi folks,

Unfortunately I have been diagnosed with 2 brain tumours and lung cancer. I have had my operation on brain tumours, my operation on my lung cancer is set for the 14th September. I have some problems with my right arm and hand with fine motor control and until that is sorted I'll have no choice but to give up modelling. But after my operation to sort my lung cancer, I am determined I'll be back!!😁 

Paul

Paul, I hope the Almighty gives you strength to fight these diseases. Like everything I've seen you do with your skills here, I know you will push back with all your will.

Looking forward to your healthy return with your marvelous work.

Best,

C

• Like 1

On 02/09/2017 at 6:01 PM, PC2012 said:

Hi folks,

Unfortunately I have been diagnosed with 2 brain tumours and lung cancer. I have had my operation on brain tumours, my operation on my lung cancer is set for the 14th September. I have some problems with my right arm and hand with fine motor control and until that is sorted I'll have no choice but to give up modelling. But after my operation to sort my lung cancer, I am determined I'll be back!!😁 

Paul

You have my total admiration for your positive attitude in the face of such adversity.....my very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery :)

Much respect

Ron

Guys,

I would just like to thank you for all the encouragement and support you have sent me. It has been very much appreciated! As I said I very much hope to return to modelling soon! I mean I wouldn't want to let you guys down... I'd never hear the end of it 😁

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Hi Paul 

I do hope your well on the mend mate, I'm very late to this thread having just joined the forum.  Amazing work Paul these kits really are something special, I've gt me eye on a couple but need to practice with plastic and cars in general before I attempt one, I have noticed they seem to sell out very quickly so I might just have to get one for the stash.

Hope to see more of this build soon best wishes mate.  

Hi, I feel much better. The operation on my lung didn't go as planned, so l

I had to resort to radiation therapy, also they found another brain tumour. On the plus side though I am getting enough feeling in my arm back, that I feel I can do some modelling though, yeah. So watch this space!! 😀

• Like 2