Doyusha Boeing 777-200 British Airways Landor 1/144

This kit is quite difficult to find nowadays.

It was released somewhere end of the 90s by Doyusha with Japan Airlines decals.

The kit has recessed windows on the fuselage which need to be filled and sanded if decals are used.The cockpit windows are too small anyway.

Panellines are also deeper as on actual kits so the Doyusha 777 shows a bit its age.Its nonetheless superior to the Minicraft offering though...ok,that was not difficult but I had to mention it anyway...:whistle:

Fitting of all parts is very good and as the kit consists only of a few parts,like the Hasegawa 1/200 Boeing 777 kit for example,the build is quick and easy.

A nice addition are the 3 different engine options provided by Doyusha,so one can build every version and airline with this kit.

The engines are of course much simpler in design compared to the Zvezda kit but they do the job.

For my build I opted for the British Airways Landor livery as the first 777 for BA had been delivered in this elegant scheme.

The decal set comes from Xtra Decal (Hannants) and provides registrations for 4 aircraft.

I chose to build the very first BA 777.

Paints used are Revell light grey 371 for the upper fuselage,Humbrol 15 blue for the lower fuselage and engines,Testors Voodoo grey for the wings and Testors metallics.

All sealed  with Testors metallic sealer and polished with Tamyia Wax.

The finished kit,although much simpler than the Zvezda 777-300,still represents a nice 777-200.Too bad as this was the only one in my stash.I would like to make another one...hopefully I find one somewhere ...

Cheers,

20161224_151139_zps3kv8lf4z.jpg

20161224_151147_zpsmtuqlbfn.jpg

20161224_151158_zps9sxckudn.jpg

20161224_151216_zpszu53re5w.jpg

20161224_151226_zps7y3q4us6.jpg

20161224_151237_zpsnecjekon.jpg

20161224_151255_zpszkcvnnjq.jpg

20161224_151308_zpsancckekv.jpg

20161224_151325_zpsgxljid2z.jpg

20161224_151342_zpsncq5bbir.jpg

• Like 30

My favourite BA scheme by a country mile, so it was bound to be a winner in my eyes.

The fact that it was another flawless finish from your workbench was just the cherry on the top.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Looking forward to seeing more stuff rolling off the Swiss production line in 2017.

Best Wishes

mike

• Like 1

Thank you all for the compliments.

@ Mike,thank you very much.There will be some classic airliners rolling off my production line in 2017.

Currently under construction are a Heller Boeing 707 in Ecuatoriana colours,the Airfix Fairey Rotodyne,Eastern Express Ilyjushin IL-96-400 Aeroflot, a Tupolev TU-334 in prototype livery and a Revell Concorde in a very special livery.

More to follow of course,but haven't decided yet which are going to be the next projects...

Very nice indeed. Lovely finish, really looks the part. Well done!

Hard to believe the 777 has been around long enough to have appeared in the Landor scheme, but G-ZZZA is over 20 years old - must be approaching retirement!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darren Rhodes said:

Alex, that looks beautiful in the Landor scheme. And Revell 371 looks spot on as the light grey. :thumbsup: 

Darren

PS Do wish you airliner guys would slow down a bit, I can't match this pace or keep up with all the posts! ;) 

Thank you Darren.

Well...I guess slowing down production will be a bit difficult.Production line is currently crowded and the stash still keeps growing...:whistle:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I managed to miss this first time round so I'm glad the thread has been revived and I've had the chance to admire your magnificent model.  The Doyusha kit definitely has a better outline than the Minicraft version although the engines need a lot of work.  Lovely job.

Dave G

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

I managed to miss this first time round so I'm glad the thread has been revived and I've had the chance to admire your magnificent model.  The Doyusha kit definitely has a better outline than the Minicraft version although the engines need a lot of work.  Lovely job.

Dave G

Thank you Dave.

Yes,the engines are not perfect but I am happy with them.As replacement parts are not the cheapest and I have so many airliner kits in my stash,mostly older kits who need some extra work,I can't spend unlimited amounts for aftermarket parts.

Here I decided to build it out of the box as the engines are,at least for me,good enough.

Upcoming classic airliner projects this year are planned to have some new parts.The Revell DC-10s are among them...