1/72 - B-1B Lancer - by Modelcollect

172flogger

Do not get too excited about these Modelcollect releases - having a look at the photos of their V1 Flying bomb in 1/72 - (if the same research team is responsible for all their aircraft related products) it will be a Mickey Mouse release (something that vaguely resembles the aircraft but is so inaccurate to scale that it is not worth acquiring) a cartoon rendition if you will!

5 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Do not get too excited about these Modelcollect releases - having a look at the photos of their V1 Flying bomb in 1/72 - (if the same research team is responsible for all their aircraft related products) it will be a Mickey Mouse release (something that vaguely resembles the aircraft but is so inaccurate to scale that it is not worth acquiring) a cartoon rendition if you will!

And so it begins!

With the kit not yet released and, based on photos which may not even be of the final, finished article but just an early test shot, you are prepared to condemn the B-1 (and their other aircraft kits) as worthless?. If, on the other hand the research team is the same one that designs their armour kits then we are in for a treat.

Allan

ps, for what it is worth, even I with my addled vision accept that there is something not quite right with the V-1 model in the photo. I will not however pre judge an entire range based on that. 

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, gavingav said:

the hasegawa b-47 could do with replacement and the monogram b-36 and both are jet heavies (well mostly) ,b-45 tornado ?

I can live with the existing B-47 and B-36 kits, but 100% agree that a new tool B-45 is more than overdue. I have the Mach 2 kit and it is very very rough. Like an early Amodel kit really. Lots of interesting service stories around these from the early Cold War era. Long overdue for a re-tool.

• Like 1

With the kit not yet released and, based on photos which may not even be of the final, finished article but just an early test shot, you are prepared to condemn the B-1 (and their other aircraft kits) as worthless?.

Well of course I am - firstly it is not Airfix, secondly Modelcollect are not in financial trouble like Hornby that we know of - so it is open season!

No seriously, all I am saying is do not get too excited!

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Like 1

Guys, if you think there are accuracy issues, please let Modelcollect know about them. This benefits everyone. Really, they do listen to feedback and they do fix issues. The B-2A already went through redesign because people commented on their FB page. And the T-90 was already released and it also went through redesign and new molds. They sent me the redesigned T-90A kit for free.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

No seriously, all I am saying is do not get too excited!

Actually, I'm not excited but, for a different reason. If the B-2 & B-52 are any guide, then the B-1B will be equally unaffordable!:(. On the other hand, my partner is already looking for gift ideas for my 60th! She might be persuaded if I make a contribution.............!!!:lol:

Allan

• Like 1

Thanks Uncle Dick, had not seen that.

All I shall say is "ouch".

Well, it still looks more realistic that the E-100 launch vehicle kit!  If that was even an actual plan, it must have been thought up by a treadhead who did not understand how

pulsejets work.

• 2 months later...

Yes after all that - I ended up buying the Modelcollect V1 (I am just the model junkie and cannot resist a hit - pun intended), probably end up buying the B-1 as well and B-52 as soon as UnLucky Model put on their $2 shipping sale

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Boy I hope they get this one right, would love to have an accurate B-1B, I hope they tone down the panel lines and make sure to add all the antennas and bumps, I didn't build the B-52 but heard it was missing a lot of those details. I did build the B-2, it was a bit of a bear to build, but in the end it turned out really nice.

• Like 1

For one moment, for just one moment, I confused the scale with the thread above this at first glance and thought this was in "1/32" !! :D

Anyways, it is still good news, the kit will be a big enough one and I hope it comes as a very accurate Bone...