THE SOUND OF THUNDER-M109G IN VIETNAM - FINISHED

FrancisGL

11 hours ago, Rob 1 said:

I've just had another look at this and think it looks great, and is very well finished - is there a build log for this? Would you be able to advise what main paint colour reference you used for the main colour?

I'm particularly interested as I'm planning on building some U.S. army vehicles/armour from the Vietnam conflict in the new year, so am picking up various tips on the way.

Thank you for your kind words, yep, there is a log with its construction and painting, I usually include a link with the WIP in the RTI, and vice versa, but unfortunately, PHOTOBUCKET, I screwed up the issue ... and I was left without many photos posted ...

This was one of the affected models, I do not know if you have seen your WIP, but you will only see the kitten (I hope that saying "niceties" to Photobucket).

If you are really interested, I could re-upload the photos to Imgur (now I use this one), because I have the photos in my HD, although maybe not 100% correct when adjusting the photo packs with the successive updates in the topic.

The main color that I used is one of those that came in the pack of AK, 4010 (3 jars), specifically the AK 4011 Us Army Olive Drab.

You know, if you're interested, give me a touch, and as soon as I can, I'll start to re-upload photos to your WIP.

Cheers Rob :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, witjas4 said:

Very nice, the tracks are just brilliant.

Regards

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, the tracks gave me additional problems, because they split in some places, but I could fix them, anyway, I have thought about later changing them for a type "link to link".

Cheers mate 👍

• 11 months later...
On 06/10/2019 at 16:41, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Oh yes! Excellent work, Francis! :like: Especially the weathering and these stunning rusty tracks!!

Many thanks for your kind comments, i'm glad you like it. 

One of these days I will have to change them for others, because I had problems with these, as I think I commented on the WIP, but I don't know if I will be able, because I have too many kits in the stash ...
Cheers Nikolay.👍

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Really like the track work and mud/dirt on lower portion of tank Francis, superbly done as usual!

Nice to see an SPG subject too.

All the best,

R.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2020 at 19:32, Ceithearn said:

Really like the track work and mud/dirt on lower portion of tank Francis, superbly done as usual!

Nice to see an SPG subject too.

All the best,

R.

Hi R.

many thanks for your like and kid words, i'm glad you like it.

I have to do more SPG, there are very nice models too.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• 8 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 02/03/2021 at 11:42, David Wallace said:

Thats a brilliant job Francis. I love the subtle weathering which is something i tried on the FV432 Mk1. Yeah great job 👏👏

Hi David.

Many thanks for your like and kind words, i'm glad you like it. 

This is another "guinea pig" that I had in my stash for more than 20 years, and it really helped me to catch up on my return to the hobby.
That is, one of the first that I finished and did not go to the bin or spare parts box, but with the passage of these years (2017 to 21) and within my new stage, I have been learning techniques, and probably would have done something different I guess better of course ... lol
Cheers and TC
Francis. 👍

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

On 02/03/2021 at 13:55, Reforgermodeller said:

Very nice build, well done

cheers Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Many thanks for your kind comment, i'm glad you like it.

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2021 at 20:23, Сергей Никитин said:

Hi, Francis!
Great job!
I really liked this weathering

Hi Sergey,

Many thanks for your like and kind comment, i'm glad you like it.

This model was still one of my first to return to the hobby after more than 20 years, now I imagine that I would have done something different (and I hope better ... lol)
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍