CliffB's dozen

CliffB

As usual, my output in 2016 was largely driven by Group Builds (thanks guys :thumbsup2:), and club competitions.  All are 1/72, apart from the last one.  In chronological order there was....

1. A 'New York Airways' S-61L,  which combines a Transport Wings vac-formed fuselage and white metal parts, with bits from the old Airfix Sea King kit.  Originally started in the 2015 Sea King STGB, I finally finished it as a KUTA.

P1100026_zpsn3z7jjxj.jpg

2. A Bolivian 'Chaco War' Vickers Mark E tank, using the Mirage kit.  Part of the Made In Britain GB.

P1090437_zpspu9p3uza.jpg

3. An Egyptian de Havilland DH.60G 'Gipsy Moth', using the (very) old FROG kit.  Another Made in Britain GB entry.

P1090463_zpstuwfikk8.jpg

4.  A civil registered Westland Scout, in its retained ex ETPS 'Raspberry Ripple' scheme.  It's the Airix kit, with Airwaves vac-formed canopy and PE parts.  Built for the Helicopter GB.

P1090644_zpswld9qkr4.jpg

5. A Bulgarian Su.25 'Frogfoot'.  An old Revell kit, with Linden Hill decals.  Built for the 1980's NATO Europe v Warsaw Pact GB.

P1090669_zpsdghbgnci.jpg

6.  The new Airfix Defiant......

P1090699_zpss9ampqlg.jpg

7.  and the old one!  Both built for a 'West Midlands' themed club competition.

P1090706_zpskc5ommwf.jpg

8.  An RF-8 Aerosani (ExtraTech resin kit), for the Great Patriotic War GB

P1090730_zpsi7bfbzzc.jpg

9. A Bolivian Klemm 25, built in 18 hours straight from the Huma kit, for the Blitz Build GB.

P1090763_zpsrwifuyh7.jpg

10. A DERA Harrier T.4, from the Heritage Aviation resin kit, with Combat Decals decals.  The kit was given to me to build as part of a 'Kit Swap' club competition.

P1090784_zpszlnl9bzf.jpg

11. A 'Galettes St.Michel' Mauboussin Corsaire from the Dujin resin kit with home made decals.  Built for the Vignette GB to replicate a period photograph (1950s).

P1090860_zpszmvhtnia.jpg

12. and finally a1/200 scale Aviogenex Tupolev Tu.134, from the Aeropoxy kit.  Built for the Airliner III GB.

P1090896_zps0wfmufkp.jpg

Overall, I've had a very enjoyable modelling year - largely down to you fellas!  So cheers and Happy Christmas :cheers:

Cliff

• Like 20

8 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

A great year Cliff, I've enjoyed watching your builds come together. What will 2017 bring? 

Thanks DAG058 :).  As for 2017, there will be two unfinished 2016 KUTA builds for starters!

On 23/12/2016 at 8:40 PM, Ozzy said:

Nice collection Cliff.:)

On 24/12/2016 at 10:11 AM, greggles.w said:

Great collection Cliff, highlights for me: that New York chopper; the Harrier trainer & the three lovely little single engine interwar machines - very nice!

On 24/12/2016 at 6:49 PM, nimrod54 said:

All cracking builds Cliff, my particular favourites are the Gypsy Moth and the Mauboussin Corsaire.

On 24/12/2016 at 6:58 PM, jrlx said:

Great selection,  Cliff!  They all look very good but my favourites are the Gypsy Moth and the Harrier. 

Cheers

Jaime 

On 24/12/2016 at 8:09 PM, abat said:

Really nice work Cliff. All very nicely done. Especially fond of the tiny little Wasp and the wonderful loooking Tiger Moth. Andrew

21 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That's a fantastic set of models for the year Cliff! Lovely finish on all of them. Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

21 hours ago, BIG X said:

That is a lovely Moth :clap2:

Certainly not a "Dirty Dozen" - Merry Christmas & thanks for sharing :)

20 hours ago, Col. said:

Every one a stunner Cliff. The Harrier should be my favourite but the Moth and Klemm are just too lovely ;) 

Thank you gentlemen for your kind comments, which are much appreciated :)

Cliff

• Like 4

13 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Nice year's worth! I love the Gypsy Moth and I was lucky enough to see the Galettes St Michel vignette in the flesh at Telford - you had stepped away from the stand.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian - I'm sorry that I missed you.

Cliff

On 30/12/2016 at 5:39 PM, BritJet said:

All lovely models, well done.

Good to see the S-61L finished after all the effort.

Steve

Thanks Steve.  I really enjoy the S-61L adventure :cheers: