Polish Mig-29 query

DaveJL

Hello all,

I'm in need of some information on current Polish Mig-29's. I know they went through some sort of Nato-spec upgrade but i've noted that some have a large antenna behind the cockpit, along with, what I assume, is an IFF system in front of the windshield. However, some aircraft appear to have the antenna and not the IFF. 

maxresdefault.jpg

With the IFF:

B-ivXpJCMAAhEDa.jpg

(Net photos)

Can anyone tell me if all the jets now have both the large antenna and the IFF or are only a number of jets fitted with both? Also, are there any further modifications needed?

Cheers

Dave

After modernization all Polish MiG-29 have got IFF (or mostly all, i'm not sure about 67'). The full modernization set for Polish MiG-29 made Arma Hobby (for 1/48 scale). Of course the RSBN antenna (PE 2 part) is only in MiG-29 from 22BLT (ex German MiG-29). HTH

http://www.armahobby.com/1-48-mig-29-polish-af-upgrade-set.html <- here is full description about extras for Polish MiG-29 after modernization. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting this thread somewhat, but can anyone tell me what the correct shades of grey are for the Polish Mig-29s? I've picked up a set of Model Maker decals, but as before, they've no colour call outs.

The darker grey looks to me to be Gunship grey, but i'm unsure on the other shades.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Hook said:

Modern Polish NATO-scheme Fulcrums are in FS36118 / FS36270 / FS36375.

HTH,

Andre 

Great, thanks Andre. Is the 36375 the undersides with 36270 and 36118 on the upper surfaces?

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Great thank you Andre.

Do you happen to know the colours of the Hungarian Mig-29s - the two tone Nato style?

Well, as it just so happens...  ;)

These are: upper fuselage RAL 7000 (approx. FS35237) over lower fuselage RAL 7040 (approx. FS36375).

Nice walkaround here.

HTH!,

Andre