HansReggelsen

Hi!

I just saw that Hannants now has Micro-Mir 1/144 Argosy in store. :D

There are two versions: 100 series and 200 series.

If I were make a RAF Transport Command version, which one of these should I get. :hmmm:

Has Micro-Mir announced a RAF version?

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

The RAF Argosy C.1 (AW660) differed from civilian versions (AW650) in that the opening nose was sealed shut and the rear cargo doors were replaced with clamshell-type doors. Neither of these kits will be truly representative of a military aircraft.

I'm fairly sure that Micro-Mir have shown some CAD images of the C.1, and would hope that there will be one available before very long.

Hi Hans,

no, when I last visited, Jonny stated he doesn't buy old kits anymore. I saw it at a rather unlikely location, a model train shop that also has a selection of mostly civilian aircraft kits. I had last been there when still at university, but nothing much has changed. Except the prices. ..He had quite a number of vacs including some Welsh if that's of interest. I  toyed with the idea of an Airmodel VFW 614, but almost 30 Euro is even more ambitious than the 60 tag on the Argosy. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 2:47 PM, T7 Models said:

The RAF Argosy C.1 (AW660) differed from civilian versions (AW650) in that the opening nose was sealed shut and the rear cargo doors were replaced with clamshell-type doors. Neither of these kits will be truly representative of a military aircraft.

I'm fairly sure that Micro-Mir have shown some CAD images of the C.1, and would hope that there will be one available before very long.

I'm pretty sure I have seen these too. After all, it's only a mould modification to the fuselage to change the rear doors and nose with radome and dropmaster's window. Just hope they don't screw up the decals like they did with their Beverley?