jrlx's 2016 Yearbook

jrlx

Dear all,

This year was particularly unproductive model-wise. I just managed to finish three models, two of which had been started in 2015. However, I started a few more, to add to my collection of unfinished models.

Anyway, here are the three finished models, with links to the WIP and RFI threads. Thanks for looking and for your unfailing support during the builds.

1. Helmut Wick's Bf 109 E4, October 1940 (Battle of Britain) (Tamiya 1/72)

This one was started in the Battle of Britain GB, in the Summer of 2015, but I only managed to finished it in the KUTA VIII GB, in January 2016. It's the first model I finished which used PE and the camouflage is stippled, with just a bit of mottling. More info can be found in the RFI and WIP.

A few pictures:

y4mU6ANm7RU_v-WPO1pbnDIO-Ah1znCEFuzWa4Be

IMAG3231

y4me3q2T_Z_7Kkd_MO-69aF0jYSNXmi4XGPAj0_n

IMAG3234

y4m2k-YCcW5ODTuXEtPzgO7qDRAnmy8egy5QPpS3

IMAG3250

y4msVH1TM2_SJO5YJzBLkJyw7J66dyVF1aqJaH9-

IMAG2946

y4mUH4anXB6WgNxUr0506vV1el1_20EYoIwlRle_

IMAG2944

2. Revell Fokker Dr.I triplane 1/72 (Red Baron)

This one was also started in 2015, and was intended to be a quick build (:rofl: I know... I know...). I just managed to finish it in 2016, after several setbacks with the matte varnish and the CA glue for the really simple rigging. If you're interested to find out more, you can read the RFI and the WIP threads. It should be mentioned this was my first use of PE stretchers to add detail to the rigging.

A few pictures:

y4mcUyCQonyeeQ0nL9ZNuM8VJ4929C_6di9Kbfcl

IMAG3511

y4m_11kyukW7CJwEfjMzcYZvnfIBgyUNNGmXduOV

IMAG3513

y4m4iPMGEO8cP9ujcuFiA-qhBqOeLq-vo6TpjtH9

IMAG3522

y4mxAxoVWIR4BPh8gpR6YgW4lhkLDms6k1p7o9PT

IMAG3528

y4m93Nt4jV_4lCDec7ymd7dVroR5Pr-JCJousSQ0

IMAG2986

3. Ju 88A-4, Sicily, June 1941 (Revell 1/72)

This was my entry to the Ju 88 STGB in 2016, but I didn't manage to finish it in the time frame of the GB. It's my most complex and ambitious build to date, as it's a super-detailing project, using Eduard's BIG PE set and some scratch-building. It took me just under three months to finish. Details in the RFI and WIP threads.

The main pictures:

y4m4qNcHbyJc3JT79Fr-rhFKhLgudu0YIvWGdjEv

IMAG4282

y4mYKrzoYatuzLIY8tKUvKbGDwMlagEF9nxeJhor

IMAG4286

y4mJtgg98EYmwBKBJ6m5GE1LEmiIED8GvN4XoKMM

IMAG4292

y4mPpY1t5b9gH38Ijmca9Ub5I79dsEJGD0OJHliS

IMAG4297

y4mqbuGcPrc6iSeoCsfOHCGLR78ac5bneNKH-F-Q

IMAG3971

y4mW0MfR9vNxWxpXhLONJ_sLEESxu34Mxctw5UiO

IMAG3975

That's all. Thanks for looking :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 17

A great collection Jaime. As you know, I admire your attention to detail, exhibited so well on the '88.

Hopefully you'll have more modelling time in 2017 - that stash is getting bigger and bigger!

Have a great Christmas and I hope you're taking a break from 'the grind' to spend some time with the family.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SimonT said:

Really nice models, quality regardless of quantity. You're a master at painting cockpits, that's clear!

Thanks Simon,  very kind! 

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice going Jamie, glad you got the 88 finished.

Thanks Ozzy!  I really liked building this one and I consider it my best effort yet :)

2 hours ago, mirageiv said:

Excellent models, that Ju 88 is something really special, even more so for a 1/72 kit!

Thanks mirageiv!  I'm now completely addicted to super-detailing,  which is not good considering the size of my stash... :)

2 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Lovely collection Jaime, they are all top quality, but your 88 is something else; absolutely beautiful B)

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks Stew,  very kind and much appreciated! 

2 hours ago, CedB said:

A great collection Jaime. As you know, I admire your attention to detail, exhibited so well on the '88.

Hopefully you'll have more modelling time in 2017 - that stash is getting bigger and bigger!

Have a great Christmas and I hope you're taking a break from 'the grind' to spend some time with the family.

Thank you Ced!  Very kind,  as always! 

Hopefully,  I'll recover my modelling enthusiasm and get back to the epic struggle against my stash :)

I wish you all a great Christmas :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 3

Hi Jaime. Only three, but three really beautiful models. And, as has been said above, the work you put into the cockpits is  absolutely superb. I'm looking forward to following more of you builds in 2017. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

thank you very much for your interest and very kind words!  I hope I regain my modelling enthusiasm soon and manage to finish a few more models next year.  There is an excessive number of extremely interesting GBs and I'll be hosting one in 2017, so there's plenty of incentive :)

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and look forward to follow your future builds! 

Cheers

Jaime