1/72 Haunebu II - Squadron Models - Major Discount Sale Now Running

Madoc

Squadron is having another of its sales and has decided its inventory of Haunebus has lingered on their warehouse shelves for long enough.

https://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-Premium-Edition-p/sqm0002.htm

They were originally listing at about $100USD two years ago and now Squadron is putting 'em up for just $29.

I think it's a shame that they couldn't have gotten the original price lower as they are pretty nicely engineered and have a lot of Whif potential.

At $30USD however, they're almost a steal now.  The straight-up military version is being listed for even less - just $20.51!

https://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-German-Flying-Sa-p/sqm0001.htm

Squadron also seems to be trying to get their money's worth from the original moulds by coming out with an "Alien Invaders" version of the Haunebu that removes the original turrets and replaces them with "laser units" for $64

https://www.squadron.com/Alien-Invader-p/sqm0003.htm

I hope they at least manage to break even with all this as I don't want to see the company get discouraged from releasing other science fiction themed original kits.

• Madoc changed the title to 1/72 Haunebu II - Squadron Models - Major Discount Sale Now Running
2 hours ago, JWM said:

The problem is that it is almost in 1:76, not exactly  1:72 :( .

J-W

I suspect that the real problem was that hardly anybody was interested in it as a subject.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hopkp said:

I suspect that the real problem was that hardly anybody was interested in it as a subject.....

Indeed :), BTW - the scale of fictional item is not a problem at all .

Cheers

J-W

12 hours ago, hopkp said:

Far from it methinks.

There have been 3 kits of the Haunebu, 4 if you count the Revell rebox of the Wave kit. Squadron were last to the pass and suffered accordingly - not helped by Squadron's overseas shipping rates I venture. I don't see the popularity of Luft '46 subject matter declining anytime soon.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Far from it methinks.

There have been 3 kits of the Haunebu, 4 if you count the Revell rebox of the Wave kit. Squadron were last to the pass and suffered accordingly - not helped by Squadron's overseas shipping rates I venture. I don't see the popularity of Luft '46 subject matter declining anytime soon.

Tommo.

Just the opposite in fact if, recent announcements by Modelcollect are anything to go by😁

Allan

11 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Squadron were last to the pass and suffered accordingly - not helped by Squadron's overseas shipping rates I venture.

Unless you're privy to inside information, nobody but the folks at Squadron have any idea how successful or unsuccessful their Haunebu/Flying Saucer kits have been.

On 19/03/2019 at 01:20, VMA131Marine said:

Unless you're privy to inside information, nobody but the folks at Squadron have any idea how successful or unsuccessful their Haunebu/Flying Saucer kits have been.

Given they are currently knocking out a $99 kit at $28 and they were 3rd in line to produce a Haunebu you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work it out.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Have Modelcollect produced a Hauebu? Missed that one sorry.

Tommo

They haven't announced a Haunebu but, they HAVE announced a couple of Luftwaffe '46 type kits! My own response to your comment was misleading. I was referring specifically to your  ; "I don't see the popularity of Luft '46 subject matter declining anytime soon".  Apologies for my error

Allan

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys!

I was thinking about replicating the Repulsor Drive of the Squadron Models and the Revell Haunebu in clear resin to allow LED lighting from the bottom. Has anybody here ever tried this?