Avro Vulcan 1:72 XM603 + PE Parts

Avronut

Hi all,

This will be my first WIP on Britmodeller.

My model of choice is the Airfix 1:72 Avro Vulcan. I worked on the restoration of Vulcan XM603 at Woodford over the summer and so I want to build a keepsake.

I'll be using the three PE kits from White Ensign: Interior (PE7255A), Exterior (PE7255B), Bomb Bay (PE7255C).

My plan is to recreate how it would have looked when it left the factory.

MBAT-6

MBAT-4

Vulcan XM603 5b

Thanks for looking!

Mike

• Like 6

Thanks Crossofiron.

Work on the cockpit is ongoing with plenty of tidying up still to be done.

The flight deck is mostly assembled and painted. The main instrument panel (not pictured) will be assembled either today or tomorrow.

MBAT-2-2

I'm trying to be as authentic as possible which is why I've included some of the coloured warning lights and switches.

MBAT-3-2

I've been working on the rear instrument panel while it is still attached to the sprue. All of the individual panels are assembled on it with the relevant bezels underneath.

MBAT-1-2

I've been using a mixture of Humbrol enamel paints and Citadel acrylics for most of the painting. The white is Revell Aqua Color which I felt gave the best coverage after experimenting with several brands.

I drybrushed the instrument panels and carefully hand painted some of the instruments. It's the only way I can achieve a reasonable result with such fine details.

Finally, I've assembled and painted the rear crew members seats but again there is some tidying up to do on those.

MBAT-4-2

Thanks for looking!

Mike

• Like 1