Roden Britannia

Britman

Just a heads up for those interested. I am currently building three Britannia's  and have realised that the  front  wheels on the main bogeys should be narrower track compared to the rear one's. Check out a walk round, it should show you what I  mean. 

• Like 2

I took the  whole thing back to the bogey. If I had noticed before assembly it would have been easier!  The retraction sequence on the Brit was a work of art and the reason for the narrower front set was so it slipped nicely into the narrowing undercarriage bay .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took the  whole thing back to the bogey. If I had noticed before assembly it would have been easier!  The retraction sequence on the Brit was a work of art and the reason for the narrower front set was so it slipped nicely into the narrowing undercarriage bay .

Well Houston,  it's like this, I have not been recording my progress simply because I can't upload it for anyone's purusal. I have to admit total tech failure on my part! I have tried several times and gotten nowhere. I think  I should get help from one of the "kids ". Mike and others have been good enough to show me the way but I am at a loss as to how to do it. I promise that when I have the knowledge I will gladly post the finished images. I am on a Britannia fest at the moment as having another for Christmas it has joined the production line along with a F-resin example from the shelf of doom! Look to the skies, you may see one fly by before I can share these with you!!

• Like 1

I thought the kit parts have narrower front bogie sections/axle spindles than the rear to depict this feature?

It's quite distinctive feature on the Britannia and bit of an oversight if they haven't.

If you look at old Farnborough videos you can see the clever retraction sequence well.

23 hours ago, 71chally said:

I thought the kit parts have narrower front bogie sections/axle spindles than the rear to depict this feature?

It's quite distinctive feature on the Britannia and bit of an oversight if they haven't.

If you look at old Farnborough videos you can see the clever retraction sequence well.

If there is any difference between the spacing of the front and rear main wheels on the Roden kit it certainly isn't apparent to the naked eye.  I'm kicking myself that I overlooked this when I was building the kit for the Airliner III GB a few months ago - it's not as if I didn't look at the walkaround photos. I have no intention of trying to correct the finished model but I'll make sure i get it right the next time.  

• Like 1