Airfix 1/24 Hurricane

This has been a nice fun cheap build. It is built straight from the box. The only things i added were basic belts cut from a brown envelope , Airscale instruments that i had laying around and a partial Aveaology sheet. I say partially as i was too heavy handed with them and ruined them. The only ones left were the "ZWEI" under the cockpit and the serials. The roundels are from the kit and the codes i masked and airbrushed on. Weathering is the bare minimum exhaust and gun stains. Took just over a week and the actual kit was only 25 quid , so its been a great build. So much less stress than adding extra detail. Mosquito and Spitfire next for the 1/24 collection!

jUzI5cP.jpg

oQ8nkFj.jpg

dQGlOgq.jpg

toE0Zrm.jpg

• Like 33

A lovely build and really like the scheme too. Not normally a fan of one looking too clean, but the very subtle weathering has worked really well :)

one of of the challenges with these big builds IMO is that they come with some great engine detail, but I like them with the covers one, so I end up being torn on showing off what the kit provides or enjoying the simplicity of the build and clean lines with the covers on! I like your choice here :thumbsup: 

Thanks everyone. The Merlin is painted up now and looks nice. If anyone is building the same kit and closing the cowls heres a tip. Cut all of the internal framing out , it makes life so much easier.Luckily theres a seperate mount for the exhausts so the Merling is not needed.

• 2 weeks later...