Hyper mega cannon mobile armor.

Scratch building/ kit bashing time, So Im going to have a go at building my own 1/144 Hyper mega cannon mobile armor, the sort of thing you would find in the Gundam universe. I have been trying to get this one started for ages and found myself with 1/2 hour at the bench and didn't fancy anything much so i pulled out the parts box and made a start, not a serous one but i do like the look of how this fits together, for what we have so far I started of with a hose connector a screw driver handle and versus Gundam parts and this is what I ended up with. The pointy end is supposed to be the barrel of the cannon and the fat end will house the engine, I now i need to some inspiration the mid section and engine.

Any help tip comments or resources are most welcome.

20161219_192936_zpsjcvd8w3c.jpg

20161219_194128_zpsradh6gsh.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Misrule said:

Think you'll go big and bulky like a UC Armour or more bare bones like the one that shows up on IBO?

I want to fit a nice big engine and some arm/manipulators a bit like the red zeon armor thing that fights the GP01 but try and keep the organic looking outer but then have a very mechanical inner frame with lots of pipes and gubines sticking out. Im not very good at scratch building so we will have to see how much i can do.

Cheers.

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 1

Mike its the wing parts from a gundam kit, but i can see were your comming from.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kshatriya+gundam&client=ms-android-lge&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE-JaOx4XRAhXKcFAKHWzVD2MQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=518#imgrc=hEPYfb1D0EYwOM%3A

Working on the hyper cannon end at the moment, if possible i would like the part to slide into the main body a bit and then be able to pull out in a firing position, maybe im kidding myself...... 

20161221_095641_zpsttbzpiu3.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Fun project! The first pic looks a bit like the Val Walo :)

Cheers,

Will

Cheers, yep all a bit of fun.

Did a little bit to this today. Started filling some of the open ends of the white parts and shaping to fit to the green parts. Also thinking about the main body and the sliding mechanism. I thought if i fixed the shot cola tube into the green part and the use the sample pot as the main internal body, then they might slide over each other. Need to think about this a bit more.......

20161222_155731_zpsyk2sdxcm.jpg

• Like 2

This is glued together now apart from the top and bottom parts in the picture, as i need work out the and how to fix in place and fill in some of the gaps.

20161223_165423_zpslm9ntpeu.jpg

20161223_165358_zps0m7o0bnf.jpg

I can not see for my left eye watering and feeling like its full if broken glass viral conjunctivitis according to the docs so looks like theres not going to be much building over Christmas.

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

The cannon is awesome, that pipe coupler is perfect in there.

With the housing and engine, It is rather long and thin - which is a bit unusual for mobile armour, the details are right but the proportions are a bit starship if you see what I mean.

Just my opinion obviously, but I think maybe some funnels floating out on curved wires would really add a lot and would give it that mobile armour feel?

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Will Vale said:

The cannon is awesome, that pipe coupler is perfect in there.

With the housing and engine, It is rather long and thin - which is a bit unusual for mobile armour, the details are right but the proportions are a bit starship if you see what I mean.

Just my opinion obviously, but I think maybe some funnels floating out on curved wires would really add a lot and would give it that mobile armour feel?

Cheers,

Will

Cheers Will and I know what you mean about it looking a bit star ship. I had thought about add two massive lobster claws  or some sort of over top massive cannon, after all all model armour needs to be ridicules and over the top but still scrabling about for inspiration at the moment.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 1:26 AM, Thud4444 said:

Maybe add some giant 1/100 beam sabers to each side? Give it that ridiculous overkill look? 

I had thought about that and at the moment Im thinking a bean cannon on one side and either a set of funnels or a bean saber/wing on the other. 

work done so far added some details using a red WD40 straw and paper clips for these.

20170427_063537_zpsq81z4rst.jpg

Added some stuff to the engine, still need to integrate the front of the engine into the spine. 

20170427_063520_zpstjuzr0ts.jpg

and made a start on what might become the beam cannon.

20170427_063916_zpsqm4mjopk.jpg

• Like 1

So last night was mocking up a few different parts lay out for this build and I think I have  something Im happy with, it definitely more model amour as well.

So adding the small wing to the main shell to brake up the look of the Kshatriya binders a bit but still keeping the sleek look for the hull. Then instead of the sleek space craft profile I will add 2 arms type part, the one here is boasting a nice big beam cannon.

20170427_225443_zps4mmf6g7r.jpg

Trying out the some paper wing for size and shape. I think I need to add some panel lines once I have made the wings out of plastic card. 

20170427_225039_zpso0aqs5bw.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

absolutely amazing work - I'll be reminded of this every time I use my outside tap adaptor for sure

Thanks.

Im plodding away and might have my arms sorted but not sure if they are to skinny or not. What do you think?

20170429_081634_zpstwqsu9x2.jpg

One cannon arm one massive claw.

• Like 2