FORD TRANSIT MK1

frankie

hello everyone,

Is there a company(?),  am-manufacturer (?) who (hopefully--wishful thinking)produce a 1/24(resin or vac)  ford transit mk1 conversion ??

Again wishful thinking .................

Regards,

Frankie

• Like 1

Morning Frankie :bye:

As far as I know, there aren't any Mk 1's in 24th scale. (Bummer)

Having said that, someone did tell me a while ago that there was actually a Resin Body available many years ago but I haven't been able to find any details.

:santa:Mad Steve:santa:

• Like 2

hi steve ,

thank You for Your quick reply !! yes i know there is no 1/24 th ford transit mk1  but i was wondering if there was a mk1 to convert the mk2 version of esci (italeri).obviously not .and my skills are not good enough to try  a conversion(scratchbuilt) <_<:huh: 

regards,

frankie

• 4 months later...
On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 19:45, frankie said:

hello everyone,

Is there a company(?),  am-manufacturer (?) who (hopefully--wishful thinking)produce a 1/24(resin or vac)  ford transit mk1 conversion ??

Regards,

Frankie

18 minutes ago, Andyx said:

I've nearly finished a flat front mk1 transit based on the italeri kit.

I'll be doin resin copies when finished http://www.modelkars.uk

Regards Andy 

Andy,

Keep me(us) up to date to purchase your resin conversion set !!!!

regards,

Frankie      :thumbsup:     :thumbsup:

On 20/12/2016 at 10:42 PM, Circloy said:

Did a few conversions on the original ESCI release many years ago. Don't think I ventured as far as a Mk 1. Perfectly feasable to do so as everything from the firewall back was unaffected by the update.

http://files.capri.pl/garage/ford-transit-mk1-body/ford-transit-mk1-body-short.300dpi.png

do you have a drawing similar to this one for a capri mk2 or 3 ?

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 19:45, frankie said:

hello everyone,

Regards,

Frankie

3 hours ago, Andyx said:

They should be ready long before Telford.  

A few weeks all being well 

Andy 

Hi,

You can count me in for at least 2!!  :thumbsup2:   :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance,

Frankie   :thumbsup:

There were three Mk 1 Transit front end styles, Diesel and Petrol engine. The grills were different.The diesel had the big square grill, then there was the low wide grill integrating the indicator housing and another with a higher Rectangular grill separated from the indicators, think that is a Face lifted design .

We moved to a house in Shepperton in 1964. The previous owner and his German wife was on the design team for the Transit ,he moved back to Cologne.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Mk+1+ford+Transit&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwik-_af4fTTAhVkLMAKHYgeCSgQ_AUIBygC&biw=1366&bih=609#imgrc=X-Dru2ohjxdQbM:&spf=1494949604585

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky 🍀 or unlucky to have a yellow Mk 1 as a company van, in 79, had a DOG, number plate, so I named her dog one😊.

Slow55mph max, noisy, smelly, unconformable, and prone to not starting on a cold morning, good space, reliability was brilliant, and million miles a gallon.

Love to have one, please Mr Revell, as the Germans had them as well 😊

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, Noel Smith said:

I can remember there being a plastic kit available of the  Mk 1 Transit back in the 80's.  I think maybe ESCI or Italeri may have made this kit as a Ford Promo.

The current Italeri kit is straight from the Esci moulds - a Mk 2.

I probably built 3

Standard (except for driver side load door converted to panel), Long wheel base using 2 rear sections (twin rear wheels, extended wheel arches & split read doors), & box van from spare cab.

Still have a couple of originals still stashed pending conversions - 1 for a tipper & one to be decided upon.

Had plans to back one date 1 to a mk1 - can't be sure how far that got.

Still have the Transit promotional brochure for the Mk.2 available somewhere.

I was not referring the current Mk2 kit.               Pretty sure that there was a Mk 1 kit issued many years ago. I think that it was done as a promo at the time. Only aware of 1 issue of the kit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Circloy,    I stand corrected!    Having looked again at a photo of a kit converted to a Transit Pickup Truck that I took at one of the old Model Engineering and Modelling Exhibitions at Ally Pally quite a few years back it was indeed converted from a Mk 2.

Somehow I was convinced in my own mind that it was a Mk 1 that the model was converted from. So guys you were quite right about a Mk 2 being the only 1/24 scale plastic kit around.

Motobitz I believe made some resin conversion kits for the re issued Transit a couple of years back. One was for a tipper and I think the other may have been for a long wheel base van conversion.

I fo someone like them did a Mk 1 it would probably be quite popular.