Postapocalyptic wanderer

Hi there,

another one from my collection. Another favorite sculpt of mine, though the quality is pretty low. It just captures my sense of humor perfectly. Sculpted by Stefan Niehues. Was given for free when buying a ticket for "Mini-Art-Con" in 2009 - a local miniature painters event. Only painted this one this year after several years without touching a brush. I am really proud of this rare little miniature and how it came out. A piece that will stay in my personal collection for sure.

28mm and lots of moldlines - too many to get them all.

Coolminiornot, if you want to vote: http://www.coolminiornot.com/396737

img571164b900491.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, @georgeusa. In many parts it is just trial and error, rinse and repeat. No other way to get things like this tidy. Though the smallest details tend to get easier: there's no shadows or stuff needed to get them right. Your brain adds the missing parts there. Good example is the gauge on the fire extinguisher. I got it right the first time. Other things like the writing on the bomb needed several attempts.

This one was a labor of love. I would have trashed any other miniature with so many moldlines. But the mini is very rare and very special and appealing to me, so I fought my way through.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...