Revell Embreaer 195

Revell's E190 in Lufthansa livery almost got me into airliner builders club :) The only question stopping me so far - what do people typically do about Revell's window holes? Definitely not the best idea to cover these with just transparent decal film. Something tells me that decal will not survive for long time. 

Is Kristal Klear the best solution?

Thanks for all the advice,

Dennis

2 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

Revell's E190 in Lufthansa livery almost got me into airliner builders club :) The only question stopping me so far - what do people typically do about Revell's window holes? Definitely not the best idea to cover these with just transparent decal film. Something tells me that decal will not survive for long time. 

Is Kristal Klear the best solution?

Thanks for all the advice,

Dennis

I hope we'll be able to welcome you to the club before too long!  

Personally I would fill the windows from the inside with Milliput and use Authentic Airliners window decals.

One of the regular airliner builders on here is an advocate of decal film for transparent windows but unfortunately I can't remember who it is!  If he sees this thread I'm sure he'll give his opinion on how robust the Revell film is likely to prove.  One potential problem with Kristal Klear is that it might end up slightly concave because the window openings are relatively large but if you can live with that it's a well known and reliable product.  

There is a long-running and totally pointless debate about the merits of window decals versus open/transparent windows.  The only important issue is whether you are happy with the finished model or not.

Dave G

• Like 1

If possible I use the clear Revell decals for cabin windows. In their modern kits they always fit nicely and my oldest models (5+ years) still have them on nicely. I do give my models a quite thick enamel clear coat though, maybe even two around the window decals. 

• Like 1