1/144 Revell A380 Qantas Airways

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
6 hours ago, armored76 said:

I had to dig this up just to say: superb job! :D

Too bad the decals seem to be out of production...

Also Hawkeye Models Australia has this scheme available as well as a lot more QANTAS and Aussie airliner decals.

The website shows the delivery scheme but the scheme Darren made is now also available.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RCI said:

what a great job, looks superb! especially the clear coat. did you polish it or does the halfords stuff spray so well out of the can?

Yes, I polish with micro mesh at every stage, primer, main coat and gloss finish. But I don’t spray my clear coats. I use a good quality wide flat brush and Alclad Acqua Gloss straight from bottle - it’s self levelling properties are amazing. 

Darren

Very good build! Absolute superb finish and highly detailed! The decals look stunning and I echo everyone's comments that you wouldn't have thought it was a difficult build.

Not looking forward to building my A380 in the stash now 😄

I also have the 'cut away' kit that I can see being a nightmare!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soloturk said:

Very good build! Absolute superb finish and highly detailed! The decals look stunning and I echo everyone's comments that you wouldn't have thought it was a difficult build.

Not looking forward to building my A380 in the stash now 😄

I also have the 'cut away' kit that I can see being a nightmare!

I have 3 of these kits and will take them as they come, each build is different in my opinion. Darren had issues with his build, there is build that finished here recently by @neilg and he seemed to complete it with  little problems, his second A380 in fact.

I am looking forward to my builds actually.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

@neilg and he seemed to complete it with  little problems, his second A380 in fact.

It was my third actually 😬

photo copy

IMG_3493

Yes I had very few problems.  

The builds were good fun - only one of them had an awfully twisted wing (one wing warped up and the other wing warped down) which sounds like it's luck of the draw.  It made it look like I hadn't attached the wings correctly.

It might be the old Lufthansa one, which I still have the remains of upstairs, so I'll check in a bit.

The Airbus house colours one has gone walkies...

I'm not quite sure how I've managed to lose something that big.

I'm looking for the First Flight livery again, but I'm not sure if it's considered "essential shopping" at the moment....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I have 3 of these kits and will take them as they come, each build is different in my opinion. Darren had issues with his build, there is build that finished here recently by @neilg and he seemed to complete it with  little problems, his second A380 in fact.

I am looking forward to my builds actually.

It was the old Lufthansa one with the warped wings:

IMG_0411