Blackburn Buccaneer STGB Chat

Col.

42 minutes ago, Col. said:

I am wondering what options TAN Model will put on their decal sheet so you may be fortunate enough to get everything required for a 208 Sqn. machine in the box :) 

I wasn't even aware someone was doing a new tool of this bird until shortly after I posted in here.  I'll definitely be waiting...but I know my luck...and it doesn't work out that way.  I did find 1/72 decals, so worst case I can snag the decals then wait for the later release of the smaller version.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Matchbox Bucc just landed at my place this very morning!! 

I'm having so much fun participating in the Matchbox II GB, so I'll happily join as well. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

My main aircraft kit scale is 1:144 and I have a Welsh Models vacform which I could use for this SGTB.  I'll try to find more, there's also Cafe Reo/Area 88 versions in 1:144 so may put some thought to doing a flight/squadron dio., if I can find more kits.

Mike

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bootneck said:

My main aircraft kit scale is 1:144 and I have a Welsh Models vacform which I could use for this SGTB.  I'll try to find more, there's also Cafe Reo/Area 88 versions in 1:144 so may put some thought to doing a flight/squadron dio., if I can find more kits.

Mike

Although I'd heard of the Welsh Models kit the Cafe Reo/Area 88 kit is a new one to me. Either way a 144th scale Bucc will be most welcome in the STGB Mike.

Not been paying attention, but is this an STGB for next year

I would love that TAN get their 1/72 kit done, which was announced first, but the 1/48th groupies want theirs first, can't help some people

So given that neither of the TAN kits will become available before this STGB, I will probably do an Airfix 1/72 one, so count me in

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Graeme H said:

Not been paying attention, but is this an STGB for next year

I would love that TAN get their 1/72 kit done, which was announced first, but the 1/48th groupies want theirs first, can't help some people

So given that neither of the TAN kits will become available before this STGB, I will probably do an Airfix 1/72 one, so count me in

I think next years STGB Calendar is full Graeme, this would be a 2019 STGB. Happy to be corrected

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I think next years STGB Calendar is full Graeme, this would be a 2019 STGB. Happy to be corrected

You would be right there Ray, like I said not paying attention, still don't think either TAN kit will be available even then, but would love to be proven wrong, so I'm in with a TAN 1/72 Buc :penguin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've come to the sudden realisation we have reached the qualification target for our STGB to go ahead during 2019 :penguin::partytime::thumbsup:

I'll away and let Enzo know but in the meantime if anyone else wants to get their name down let me know.

We now have an official place on the 2019 STGB calendar thanks to Enzo :D  This one will run from 5th October 2019 through to the 5th January 2020 :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Surely tan models will be on the final fettling about the time this is about to start, maybe fingers crossed we'll be able to start theirs a couple of weeks before the end of the build then, hopefully :P

,, c'mon tan, i want to be on my 2nd or third by the time this kicks off

• Like 1

On 28/11/2017 at 7:35 PM, Hewy said:

Surely tan models will be on the final fettling about the time this is about to start, maybe fingers crossed we'll be able to start theirs a couple of weeks before the end of the build then, hopefully :P

,, c'mon tan, i want to be on my 2nd or third by the time this kicks off

Live in hope sir. Live in hope :pray: 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...