Desert Pink and Snow White! 1/72 B-24D Liberator

What a brilliant build.

My Kitsworld decals are somewhere in the post, as is a Hasegawa B-24D, so this kit of yours is quite inspirational .

That is a very interesting interpretation of the so-called "desert pink ". To me it looks very realistic.

Would you be able to outline how you created this colour? I have had several tries at it on other Ploesti attempts but always seem to get it too pink.,

Michael

• Like 1

Thanks Habu,

The pictures are much appreciated.

I never thought of that approach, that is, one layer over another. I have always tried to pre-mix a "pink ".

Like Luftwaffe colours, the quest of the right USAAF  "pink " has always resulted in me concluding that there is no single correct source from which all others must flow.

Looking at my copy of Roger Freeman's The Ploesti Raid: Through the Lense, I really do feel there are quite a few variations (the "green "ones aside).

It really looks - to me at least - very, very convincing.

Thank you again.

Michael

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Enright said:

Thanks Habu,

The pictures are much appreciated.

I never thought of that approach, that is, one layer over another. I have always tried to pre-mix a "pink ".

Like Luftwaffe colours, the quest of the right USAAF  "pink " has always resulted in me concluding that there is no single correct source from which all others must flow.

Looking at my copy of Roger Freeman's The Ploesti Raid: Through the Lense, I really do feel there are quite a few variations (the "green "ones aside).

It really looks - to me at least - very, very convincing.

Thank you again.

Michael

I got the idea from Ferrari. They prime their F1 cars with pink.