1/48 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E" by ICM - released - new Foxbot Decals, Eduard PE sets & Metallic Details jet nozzles

Homebee

They 're rumours saying after its 1/48th MiG-25RBT "Foxbat-E", ICM is working on a MiG-25PD "Foxbat-A" kit in the same scale.

Wishful thinking of more. Time will tell.

Source:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234994939-icm-148-mig-25rbt/&do=findComment&comment=2573774

On 16/12/2016 at 17:51, ya-gabor said:

Some good news, although ICM is not very communicative as to the détails.

It seems that the plan of ICM is to produce the MiG-25P and PD versions in the spring of next year with the RBS version arriving in the summer of 2017.

As they say I believe it when I see it. But at least there is a hope.

Best regards

Gabor

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the framework of the recent toy tradefair Mir Detstva 2017, held at Moscow, ICM is reported having confirmed its project of 1/48th MiG-25P/PD for 2018.

Also to be expected in 1/48th by ICM in 2018 are new variants from the He-111, Ju-88, & Do-17 kits.

To be followed.

Source AlexGRD: http://master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100171&sid=b7252e4ad3d849de8e26c4c009281a81

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Yeh! Great news, V.P.! What to do with "they're" Kitty Hawk kit + the Cold War Studio awesome correction bits, tho.

Cheers,

Unc2 (a little bit under the weather now owing to the implications of these news)

Build it befor  of course!!

;)

Any then compare any post both next to each other ;)

Really looking forward to the interceptor, just finishing an early Recce :)

It was about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

As for the RBT. I have just received from Cold War Studios the latest nose conversion for the RBF version. Yes, it is the one which had many camouflaged airframes!!!!!!!!!!!!! So till the interceptor arrives there is time to do another Foxbat with some fascinating camo!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

Ya-Gabor; how's it hanging, bru?

22 hours ago, exdraken said:

Build it befor  of course!!

Any then compare any post both next to each other ;)

Werner! Whut gives, my mate?

Uh-huh... most prolly I'll do that - unless I find someone willing to buy "they're" Foxbat combo. :lol: You know it's quite the same thing about Aviation Art's new proposed 1/48 Su-33 kit. I'm trying to find out whether the new mods will fit the Kinetic kit so as to see if it's possible to get those mods separately; namely, the whole upper fuselage half and the deepened cockpit tub, which I've already proven that it might as well made to fit to the Kinetic kit.

Yeh, me has.

Cheers,

Unc2

15 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Ya-Gabor; how's it hanging, bru?

Werner! Whut gives, my mate?

Uh-huh... most prolly I'll do that - unless I find someone willing to buy "they're" Foxbat combo. :lol: You know it's quite the same thing about Aviation Art's new proposed 1/48 Su-33 kit. I'm trying to find out whether the new mods will fit the Kinetic kit so as to see if it's possible to get those mods separately; namely, the whole upper fuselage half and the deepened cockpit tub, which I've already proven that it might as well made to fit to the Kinetic kit.

Yeh, me has.

Cheers,

Unc2

sometimes it is simply time to say goodby to the old and invest into the newer, better!

no need to wine about too much! ;)

I sold my Revell!! MiG-25 incl. lots of AM long ago, when there where a little bit more than rumors only about the KH one.... certainly at a monetary , but not modelling time wise loss!

I then NEVER bought the KH kit for bad reviews and high price but immediately jumped at the ICM Recce version and even started it, backdated it to early RB etc, only to finish it after the overall improved RB came out recently...

Regarding the Su-33:

I have 2 of them waiting, one with a Chinese conversion... who knows if ever there will be an updated kit to buy for us eventually? it is a bit like gambling :)

also here my advise from someone who really better should not talk about stashing kits: just build it an do not wait for better times! Unbuilt it certainly resembles a real Su-33 far less then built :D

34 minutes ago, exdraken said:

also here my advise from someone who really better should not talk about stashing kits: just build it an do not wait for better times! Unbuilt it certainly resembles a real Su-33 far less then built :D

Ah, there's the rub, my mate.

It's happened to me more times than I like to remember. The Knitty-Hawkes Foxbat is all of a quantum leap with regard to the old Revell kit; more expensive than the latter as well.

After I learnt about all of the issues involving the Knotty-Hawl kit, I felt as tho a rugger had busted my groins. Said I was going to build it anyways; perhaps do as bru Romain did about the whole forward fuselage and radome.

And then the Cold War Studio correction bits happened - at a price. :blink2: Bought "they're" Henka's bits. And now the ultimate Foxbat interceptor is announced by ICM (forget about AMK as I don't think it ever happens).

You've got Kinetic's Su-33 kit which you thought was the ultimate model; now that Aviation Art came along to ruin your dreams regarding that.

It's like having the old Italeri 1/48 Sled kit - it's doable, but it requires a lot of elbow grease and aftermarkets. I've started building it a lifetime ago, and have been learning about correction sets made available throughout the times to better it (Metallic Details' shock cones, grilles and exhaust sets are just incredible). And then it's TanModel suggesting not to waste your precious time in the old kit because the ULTIMATE Sled kit is coming. :wacko: 

It's both teasing and infuriating, mate. All "they're" monies going down the drain just because...

Perhaps it's best to wait and see whether correction aftermarkets sets are sold for a recently (and flawed) issued kit than it is to wait until a better kit is announced? 

Mein skull is smoking already.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Perhaps it's best to wait and see whether correction aftermarkets sets are sold for a recently (and flawed) issued kit than it is to wait until a better kit is announced? 

Mein skull is smoking already.

I built (I more mean used it as a basis for ) the ESCI/ Italeri MiG-23 just before Trumpeters version was released.... still like to look at it and remember all the issues I had with it :)

I now am the proud owner of a Trumpeter kit (unbuilt of course :devil: ) and lots of AM correction parts as well.....

AMK/whoever is likely to release one (the perfect one of course) before I start to build it......

who knows!

strangely no ultimate F-111 has appeared during the last 6 months building one though....

happy modeling :)

Edited by exdraken

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

I built (I more mean used it as a basis for ) the ESCI/ Italeri MiG-23 just before Trumpeters version was released.... still like to look at it and remember all the issues I had with it :)

I now am the proud owner of a Trumpeter kit (unbuilt of course :devil: ) and lots of AM correction parts as well.....

Ha! :lol: And what a surprise when you opened the box and checked that you were going to have to get Ciro Models, Metallic Details and whatnot manufacturers to help you out with the bits needed to correct the recently released Trumpy kit, huh?

After you fought and tamed the ESCI/Italeri beast.

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

strangely no ultimate F-111 has appeared during the last 6 months building one though....

Shut up; still remember how I ran home - a through-and-through smile on my face as tho it was my birthday - with my Hobby Boss 1/48 Vark kit, just to find that the windshield, flaps and nozzles were even worst than those in the old Academy kit. :fraidnot:

After having beaten the Academy beyatch to death! 

Modelling brings me pain.

1 hour ago, davmarx said:

:laugh:  :laugh:

Aw, save yer laughter for a rainy day, my Italian mate. It still hurts, y'know.

• Like 2

Box art + 3D renders

Release expected in late April 2018.  :Tasty:

Sources: 

http://www.icm.com.ua/news/530-mig-25-pd-soviet-interceptor-fighter.html

https://www.facebook.com/ICM.Models/posts/769856953207245

Original box art

1521547127_48903_web_en.jpg

Corrected box art - Spot the differences!

1522050663_48903_web_en2.jpg

1521547091_mig-25-pd-render-1.jpg  1521547107_mig-25-pd-render-3.jpg

1521547094_mig-25-pd-render-2.jpg 1521547170_mig-25-pd-render-5.jpg

MiG-25 PD, Soviet Interceptor FighterMiG-25 PD, Soviet Interceptor Fighter

MiG-25 PD, Soviet Interceptor Fighter

V.P.
Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well, SeaVenom's reply to me has sort of made me make up mein mind regarding this dilemma; I'm sticking with my Kitty Hawk + Cold War Studio kit & set combo.

Pretty much sure I could get to buy some (click2detail?) resin intake trunks to go with it. :banghead:

u39J32n.jpg

1 hour ago, Duncan B said:

If I can get a decent trade price then I will be getting some in Col. I want one for me for a start off :)

Duncan B

Get one for me as well if you do please buddy.

• Like 1

An excellent news! Look very much forward to it. Hope that few things from the RBT series of kits have been corrected for this one. Then it will be a super kit!

Well, the original box art was a bit interesting.

NfA2Mcc.jpg

I know it has nothing to do with the plastic inside the box. Still few notes. The Mk. 1 version of the box art was a strange plane. It was saying that it is a MiG-25PD, but on the drawing you had mostly an early MiG-25P. What is more interesting is that few features of the MiG-31 are also shown, like the right side GS-30 gun or the long antennas on the outer side of the fin tip. Have no idea how the artist managed to add them.

The pitot is wrong, the shown version is for the early P version.

The outer wing pylon has a straight front edge, it is not the same as the inner pylon.

There is no HeatSearch TP pod under the nose.

No search light on right side of the nose.

The unit with side artwork had aircraft with blue numbers and the art work was further down and to the back.

Now a Mk.2 version of the art work is shown on ICM page so they have listened to comments.

I6TsJc9.jpg

It is strange why a second big wing fence was added on top of the wing. There is no such thing on real MiG-25’s. There is only a small flat cover over the position of the outer wing pylon.

The MiG-31 style gun and fin tip antenna are still there and no search light.

All this of course only the box art! Still hope they will make a final Mk.3 version of the art work for the production kit box.

As to the plastic:

5nfU3Zj.jpg

5Xwwluq.jpg

Based on the CAD’s it looks good with only few minor mistakes which are either corrected by ICM before release of the kit in late April or will not be so difficult to add at home. I believe they have tried to have as much plastic part commonality with the recon/bomber versions so did not invest in a lot of new parts or reworked old ones. Like a new vertical tail which has a long oval bulge panel on left fin base and different intakes. The small bulge antenna ahead of the front undercarriage bay can be easily sanded down. It was not there on the interceptors. One can make the rod like antennas on wing forward edge from stretched sprue. The search light is a bit more complicated but also possible with sanding a “cut” and adding a light.

Correction to the long semicircular back panel (from after cockpit all the way to brake housing) is a little bit more difficult but possible. I don’t think they retooled the top fuselage part.

Very much look forward to this kit!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2