1/48 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E" by ICM - released - new Foxbot Decals, Eduard PE sets & Metallic Details jet nozzles

Homebee

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Based on the CAD’s it looks good with only few minor mistakes which are either corrected by ICM before release of the kit in late April or will not be so difficult to add at home.

We'll be picking your brains as to what those look like once we've got the plastic in-hand, and your observations have been confirmed or otherwise :) Now where's my two-seater! :strop:

On 3/26/2018 at 11:23 PM, ya-gabor said:

Dreams, dreams, dreams . . .

Gabor 

I was late for the Click to detail party as they went out of business,but since ICM already downscaled the RBT then there is always some kind of hope :D

Luigi

Here, Luigi; as that is what I was talking about with regard to those ClickToDetail resin intake trunks for the Foxbat.

These are what the intake trunks look like on the ICM kits - which are awfully wrong to me (piccy courtesy of my mate Werner, aka exdraken - bloke, I wish I had a camera like yers!)

SFPc1wg.jpg

Y'see how the tapper, like; how narrow the get at the point where the compressor faces meet, and how they don't conform around the main landing gear wheel wells. 

As opposed to these, the 1/48 ClickToDetail bits, which fit the Kitty Fawkes kits like a gluve.

2E2kDrW.jpg

See how different they are? Check those huge compressor faces, and the way the intake trunks seem to conform to the internal hardware.

If the new 1/48 Foxbat A by ICM has got the former intake trunks, I'd rather stick with my Kitty Hawkes kit + correction sets.

• Haha 1

Are those Click2Detail (or whoever else makes them) Foxbat air ducts & compressor faces still available? 

I tried googling and got nothing satisfactory. Anyone have a link?

cheers

Tony 

15 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Here, Luigi; as that is what I was talking about with regard to those ClickToDetail resin intake trunks for the Foxbat.

These are what the intake trunks look like on the ICM kits - which are awfully wrong to me (piccy courtesy of my mate Werner, aka exdraken - bloke, I wish I had a camera like yers!)

SFPc1wg.jpg

Y'see how the tapper, like; how narrow the get at the point where the compressor faces meet, and how they don't conform around the main landing gear wheel wells. 

As opposed to these, the 1/48 ClickToDetail bits, which fit the Kitty Fawkes kits like a gluve.

2E2kDrW.jpg

See how different they are? Check those huge compressor faces, and the way the intake trunks seem to conform to the internal hardware.

If the new 1/48 Foxbat A by ICM has got the former intake trunks, I'd rather stick with my Kitty Hawkes kit + correction sets.

Thanks,I think in the past I did notice their intake trunk problems and also their price so I was not so interested on them but I was after their BM conversion and hide the intake "cave" with scratched FOD intake covers

Luigi

11 hours ago, tony.t said:

Are those Click2Detail (or whoever else makes them) Foxbat air ducts & compressor faces still available? 

I tried googling and got nothing satisfactory. Anyone have a link? 

Tony,

I got my bits while the Click2Detail page was still up & running; think I paid nearly $60 for them, IRC, but the page seems to have gone south now. I've seen 'em on and off on evilBay sometimes. They're worth the quid you pay there.

10 hours ago, Silverkite said:

but I was after their BM conversion and hide the intake "cave" with scratched FOD intake covers

Awesome! Unfortunately for me, I don't like my jets with their FODded intakes, so I will resort to just every aftermarket there is available to sort out that issue.

9 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

XMM make full length, large cross section intakes for the ICM kit:

http://xmold-modeling.com/products-information/

Jeff! I didn't know about those, thanks! The compressor faces look better than the ones in the ICM kit; bigger intake trunks as well. I ain' sure they will fit the Kitty Hawkins kits tho.

Cheers,

Unc2

Ordered two sets of XMM inlets and compressor faces - thanks for the link J

Slightly weird request, but anyone tried fitting the Barracuda-for-Kitty PD nose parts to the ICM RB/RBT fuselage? I may have one RBT too many, which I can faff with.

cheers

tony

54 minutes ago, tony.t said:

Ordered two sets of XMM inlets and compressor faces - thanks for the link J

Slightly weird request, but anyone tried fitting the Barracuda-for-Kitty PD nose parts to the ICM RB/RBT fuselage? I may have one RBT too many, which I can faff with.

cheers

tony

Hi Tony, the fighter version had at least different wings and exausts too, IIRC:smile:

Ciao.

Davide

Still interested to know if the Barracuda PD parts fit the ICM fuselage.

Am getting an ICM PD/PDS interceptor boxing regardless, hopefully very soon, and would in theory wait for the ICM RBF later this year.  

If the Barracuda parts fit the ICM airframe I'll buy a set. If not, I'll reduce the part-built RBT to spare parts locker for the others, as I was being too clever for my own good and goofed the assembly sequence.

Thanks if you have tested the fit of the Barracuda nose to the ICM fuselage and can post a reply,

Tony

I have the parts and can test later.  I can't imagine it'll be a great fit, though - the Barracuda set was designed to be an exact, drop-fit replacement for the kit parts, so they're more or less a perfect fit on the Kitty Hawk kit.  It's unlikely that the cross-section will be identical on the ICM kit, so at a minimum you'll need to sand and fill some contours.

The Barracuda exhausts do fit the ICM kit pretty well, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

should be easily available soon

and I hope that AM manufacturer come out with short resin nozzles soon ! There are incredible (long ) ones out there for the RB types now!

22 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink2: "They're" same intake trunks as in the previous kit...??? Dad's NOT buying! Real disappointing. :crying:

Seriously? :wonder: You're not buying the kit, which otherwise appears far superior to the Kittyhawk mess, because of poorly shaped intake trunks that you'll need a flashlight to see? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Yeh, me ain't buying it. Wrong exhaust rings as well... And who knows what more is wrong about this kit.

You're so convincing yourself the Kittyshambles is still good. It's a bad dream. But it can make a nice model with effort. 

The XMM inlets are stunning (received two sets a week ago from Russia) so with that fixed it's the ICM Foxbat E for me. I can't see anything wrong with the shorter interceptor type jet nozzles, but there probably will be drop-in resin ones soon, for a fee.

I just wished G-Factor made bronze LG legs for the ICM Foxbats.

Tony

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 6:44 AM, tony.t said:

Still interested to know if the Barracuda PD parts fit the ICM fuselage.

Totally forgot about this.  Sorry!

The Barracuda nose *does not* fit the ICM kit.  It (and the KH kit) is about 2mm wider and higher than the ICM nose - the ICM nose is basically the size of the inner lip on the KH parts.  Filing/sanding wouldn't do enough, you'd basically have to shrink-ray the part down.

I'd suggest trying to swap your kit for a PD boxing, or else wait and see if someone releases another recce variant.  There are so many specific sub-types, once the aftermarket gets a feel for what ICM plans to release, I'm sure we'll see some aftermarket conversions.

• Thanks 1