1/48 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E" by ICM - released - new Foxbot Decals, Eduard PE sets & Metallic Details jet nozzles

Homebee

Thanks ICMF.  Interesting to learn the differences between the KH and ICM kits.

I'm planning on an RBT and PD to start with, and may do an RBF camo job too. 

The started one will probably end up as spare parts and might get completed later. Am looking forward to seeing what other AM these kits bring. Apart from bronze LG I wouldn't mind a resin RBT nose pallet with sensors behind the portholes.

cheers

Tony

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:49, tony.t said:

You're so convincing yourself the Kittyshambles is still good. It's a bad dream. But it can make a nice model with effort. 

Dunno whether the KH is a good kit or not, but it's just that I've already got "they're" Cold War Studio nose correction set + the Click2Detail intake trunks and Barracuda nozzles to go with it. Will cater for the Armory wheel set and then I'm quite sure it will be a nice model with effort. :coolio:

Yeh, it will.

So nay ICM Foxbat E for me. What about the AMK offering...? :lol:

I'm slightly irked at the way this thread has gone, I've never been a fan of the Mig-25 Foxbat despite being a long time fan of Soviet/Eastern Bloc types. But seeing that a manufacturer which wasnt known for 1/48 fast jet types was releasing a new build and all the signs were it was going to be not just good but really something special I decided I should buy one just for the pleasure of building it.

I can confirm it was a pleasure and an enjoyable build having now built the ICM Mig-25RBT Foxbat. To understand that folk are slating a new release of a different variant because some largely unseen parts are not accurate just does not compute. Anything ICM release as a PD that is near the quality of their RBT will be the kit to have of this type, end off, IMHO.

• Like 5

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:42, Muzz said:

To understand that folk are slating a new release of a different variant because some largely unseen parts are not accurate just does not compute.

Muzz,

I respect your opinion regarding ICM's new kit, but it's just your humble opinion to me. I think that you're deluding yourself by stating that the intake trunks in the MiG-25 are "some largely unseen parts", when actually they're anything but that.

This is the real thing:

qvQ3nn3.jpg

And this is how the intake trunks look like in the 1/48 KH kit (piccy courtesy of Romain)

1T7nRGq.jpg 

You see? As I've already posted somewhere in this thread, me doesn't like my jets with "they're" intake trunks FODded, even if it were those intakes that are hardly seen,

like in the Mirage family of jets, the Su-22, the MiG-21; etc.

One thing you're not taking into consideration is that I've already got the Kittyshambles Foxbat - as it is - and for which I purchased a whole plethora of correction sets and bits.

What would I care to buy another MiG-25 kit in 1/48 scale? Kit ain't small, y'know.

And even as it is, this is just my humble opinion regarding the ICM kit. Why have you got to take it too to heart? You should at least respect my opinion as well, my mate.

Cheers 'em now,

Unc2

Not guilty, I've been praising the ICM 1/48 Foxbat since it first appeared last year. (The company's I-16 Rata in 1/32 is also a gem.)

I bought the "RBT" release first, which is currently half built, followed by the Revell boxing which included ICM's corrected nose parts - a great improvement - to do a more accurate RBT. Skipped on the RB-with-bombs boxing but have just ordered a PD from the Ukraine (ebay retailer, not ICM direct). 

Based on construction to date, I would rate the fit and finesse of this Foxbat series to be on par with Tamiya and Hasegawa and the plastic akin to Trumpeter's. The trompe l'oeil effect intakes are not to everyone's tastes and I have two sets of the full scale size XMM inlets which I would recommend without hesitation.

Nuff said for now

Tony

19 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:analintruder: There! Another reason NOT to buy it! :lol:

Definitely😁

To be honest, machine from original picture serves at Ukrainian Air Force, strange, I more than sure that folks from ICM knows about it, but they decided to draw a red stars at wings instead of Trident...

Edited by Jurek Krynicki

1 minute ago, Jurek Krynicki said:

I more than sure that folks from ICM knows about it, but they decide to draw a red stars at wings instead of Trident...

Absolutely, Jurek, my mate! Oh, but then they dare put down Kitty Hawk just for having made several little mistakes on"they're" Foxbat kit... :fraidnot: 

Nice review on Detail Scale View:

http://www.detailscaleview.com/2018/05/icm-mig25pd-48903-review.html

Markings options include Russian, Libyan and Iraqi Foxbats, plus a bunch of stencils.

Am slightly annoyed at the bigger box, but that's no doubt the work of the marketing peeps. Mine's held up at the local GPO depot due to the Bank Holiday w/e, but expected Tuesday morning.

Tony

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Looking forward to my kit arriving from @Duncan B. I've a set of Begemot decals here with a nice scheme for a Ukrainian machine with a sharks mouth so think i'll go for that!

I should have them here after the Bank Holiday (how dare Couriers take a day off) and it'll be winging it's way to you straight away.

Duncan B

• Like 1

On 6 May 2018 at 3:51 PM, DaveJL said:

Looking forward to my kit arriving from @Duncan B. I've a set of Begemot decals here with a nice scheme for a Ukrainian machine with a sharks mouth so think i'll go for that!

Lots of options on sheet 4810, including a camo RBF to go with the next ICM Foxbat release. 

Like the look of the Begemot stencil sheet too, but that's the kind of masochism I reserve for 1/32 scale. The PD kit has a whole bunch already.

Could have done with a whole radome, and cleaning up the seam around the Odd Rods etc nasal antennae might be tricky, so am hoping Aries' Quickboost designers come to the rescue with the necessaries. 

Tony

Mine arrived early this afternoon. Lovely decals.

Box is the same width/height as the earlier ICM editions, just a few cm deeper (which is handy for AM extras, pending the build). 

Definite "thumbs up" to ICM! Now hoping to get sight of its RBF with the SHAR-25 Elint nose arrangement, due in a few months, which will make the ICM v AMK score four-nil. 

Tony 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Eduard's dedicated PE sets: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/2268000636548204

6 sets of accessories for ICM’s MiG-25PD kit in 1/48 scale, together with all new October products is available during our Afterparty at Eduard webstore with 20% discound (25% for BFC)!

- PE set (ZOOM), cat. no. FE928, 
- seatbelts STEEL (ZOOM), cat. no. FE929,
- exterior, cat. no. 48968,
- interior, cat. no. 49928, 
- painting mask, cat. no. EX617, 
- painting mask TFace, cat. no. EX618. 
https://www.eduard.com/store/

V.P.

• Thanks 1

New dedicated Metallic Details jet nozzles - ref. MDR4830

Sources: 

http://metdetails.com/catalog/metalic-details/aircraft/148/mdr4830-mig-25pd-jet-nozzles

http://www.metdetails.com/content/news/new-product-mig-25pd-jet-nozzles-icm-148

A new product - MiG-25PD. Jet nozzles (ICM, 1/48)

Metallic Details release a new product - Jet nozzles for aircraft model MiG-25PD (ICM) in scale 1/48.

Set contains 11 resin parts for detailing of engine nozzles.

1_143.jpg

2_144.jpg

V.P.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

New dedicated Metallic Details PE sets

- ref. MD48221 - air intakes

Source: http://metdetails.com/catalog/metalic-details/aircraft/148/md4821-mig-25-air-intakes

3_120.jpg

- ref. MD4822 - wheel bays

Source: http://metdetails.com/catalog/metalic-details/aircraft/148/md4822-mig-25-wheel-bays

1_141.jpg

- ref. MD4823 - exterior

Source: http://metdetails.com/catalog/metalic-details/aircraft/148/md4823-mig-25-exterior

2_142.jpg

- ref. MD4824 - interior

Source: http://metdetails.com/catalog/metalic-details/aircraft/148/md4824-mig-25-interiorµ

4_98.jpg

V.P. 

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2