PlaStix's brush painted 2016 - Photoshopped MTO GB diorama images added on page 2

PlaStix

On 21/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, moaning dolphin said:

A good output for the year, and a stunning collection, truly an 'airy stick wizard!

Bob

Hi Bob and thank you very much for your very kind comments.

On 21/12/2016 at 9:01 PM, Kallisti said:

Great stuff, Love the way you pose them with the backgrounds!

Hi Kallisti and thank you too for your kind comments.

On 22/12/2016 at 0:17 AM, jrlx said:

Hi Stix,

Congrats for a stunning collection of models! I said it before but I'll say it again: I just can't help being fascinated by the superb finish of your brush-painted models, it puts all of us airbrushers to shame :) Very well done :clap2:

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you very much as always Jaime - you are waaaayyy too kind and I don't think I put anyone's airbrushing skill to shame.

On 22/12/2016 at 10:30 AM, CedB said:

Great collection Stix and a tribute to brush painting - and 1/72, even though they don't look it. Great work.

Hi Ced and thank you very much but a few of them are 1/48.

On 23/12/2016 at 9:19 PM, BerndM said:

This flawless perfection in your builds is truly amazing !

All great builds, my favorite is most probably the IS-2. You nailed the look of this chalked on white stripes, weathering is spot on.

Looking forward of your coming projects for 2017.

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Hi Bernd. Hope you are well and you and your family are enjoying a Very Merry Christmas. Thank you as always for your very kind comments.

On 23/12/2016 at 10:48 PM, markg said:

PlaStix, wow!

I like to brush paint (mostly airbrush though), but heck, I can't match the quality you achieve. Very impressive work. I don't think any of us would have known it was brush work if you hadn't told us.

Hi Mark and thank you to for your very kind comments. :blush:

19 hours ago, CliffB said:

Confession time here, Stix.  I hadn't realised that in addition to your amazing armour, you also produce some great looking aircraft models. I know now!

Cliff

Hi Cliff and thank you. No problem about not realising I make some aircraft kits as well - Britmodeller is a big place and I struggle to get around to checking out everything that's happening. I know I miss loads!

19 hours ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Damn

Fine

Modelling

period.

Hats & Huzzars

Jonners

Thank you very much Jonners - most kind!

18 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

I may have said this before; but your painting is excellent! These are some very well finished and realistic looking models! Fantastic work!

Hi Bengalensis and thank you - you are very kind!

Once again a very big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to comment in any of my threads.

I have now completed my MTO GB diorama and added some photos in the first post of this thread and more can be found Here 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

Super builds - I'm with you on brush vs air!

The Crusader looks "just right" and I loved the IS2(s) too.

The electric motor does a fine job of prop blurring. If it gets more popular I wonder if we will get JMNs complaining about having the wrong RPM?

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

On 25/12/2016 at 0:32 PM, Marek said:

Great modelling.

Thank you Marek.

On 25/12/2016 at 0:59 PM, longshanks said:

Great miniature beautifully photographed

A year to be proud of.....

Kev

Thank you Kev - that's very kind of you.

On 25/12/2016 at 1:46 PM, Blitz23 said:

Beautiful builds, you've had a busy year!

Thank you very much - yes it does seem that way and all in GBs too! :frantic:

On 27/12/2016 at 8:50 AM, AdrianMF said:

Super builds - I'm with you on brush vs air!

The Crusader looks "just right" and I loved the IS2(s) too.

The electric motor does a fine job of prop blurring. If it gets more popular I wonder if we will get JMNs complaining about having the wrong RPM?

Regards,

Adrian

Hi Adrian and thank you very much - most kind! I do enjoy brush painting - I haven't got anywhere to use an airbrush but even if I did I'm not sure I would be tempted to swap - I actually enjoy the process.

And yes probably!

On 27/12/2016 at 0:36 PM, stevej60 said:

Certainly leading the field with the Brush Stix hard to match that paintwork with an airbrush! Beautifully done all of them.

Thank you Steve you are far too kind!

Kind regards,

Stix

Congratulations on a superb collection Stix. You can be rightly proud.

Of course, I think your 'Road to Berlin' is the icing on the cake and well deserving of the Vignette GB win, but I also rate your wing-ed things extremely highly too. Your last dio (a beauty) combines both genres of course, and you've actually tempted me to try something similar! Saying as I've not made an aircraft in my entire 50yrs, I hope you realise what you're guilty of!:D

Congrats again mate.

Badder

• Like 1

I'm always amazed by the skill you and TonyOT have in finishing your builds with hairy sticks, a great collection you've produced in 2016. I need to go and play War Thunder now after seeing your tanks!

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 2:59 AM, Will Vale said:

Awesome collection, I really like your finishing style, neatness and photography.

Will

Thank you very much Will. That's very kind of you to say.

On 12/30/2016 at 8:57 AM, Roman Schilhart said:

Beautiful builds, I especially like your IS tanks with the sagging tracks.

Thank you very much Roman - much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

On 12/31/2016 at 5:20 PM, Stosh65 said:

Great year there, it was a joy to follow many of them. Here's to the next lot!

Thank you very much Stosh! Most kind!

On 1/1/2017 at 8:34 AM, Badder said:

Congratulations on a superb collection Stix. You can be rightly proud.

Of course, I think your 'Road to Berlin' is the icing on the cake and well deserving of the Vignette GB win, but I also rate your wing-ed things extremely highly too. Your last dio (a beauty) combines both genres of course, and you've actually tempted me to try something similar! Saying as I've not made an aircraft in my entire 50yrs, I hope you realise what you're guilty of!:D

Congrats again mate.

Badder

Hi Badder and thank you very much for your too kind comments. I am really pleased that you have decided to include aircraft in your repertoire and I will certainly follow with interest!! :thumbsup: (.....but I take no responsibility - my posts are read at the reader's own risk!! ;) 

On 1/1/2017 at 11:35 AM, woody37 said:

I'm always amazed by the skill you and TonyOT have in finishing your builds with hairy sticks, a great collection you've produced in 2016. I need to go and play War Thunder now after seeing your tanks!

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil. Thank you very much for your very kind comments and I hope you won if you played WT!

On 1/2/2017 at 0:06 AM, wimbledon99 said:

That's certainly an astounding year of builds Stix :clap2:

Looking forward to following many more this year :) 

Cheers

Nigel

Hi Nigel and thank you for your very kind comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some Photoshopped versions of my MTO GB diorama:

31769858811_96d71b3a1a_c.jpg

31513649780_6820d6ef5b_c.jpg

31769834751_8a951190b2_c.jpg

31769830031_1165801b8c_c.jpg

31513629820_48437f352a_c.jpg

31769808531_b13e7f192a_c.jpg

31981427491_ce0edbee24_c.jpg

31981422691_b3d84573b5_c.jpg

31981414691_781541aeab_c.jpg

32099509485_2ee4ed56e4_c.jpg

31724272550_b53779161f_c.jpg

32060443026_118c6e3b75_c.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

31769830031_1165801b8c_c.jpg

31769808531_b13e7f192a_c.jpg

'Stix, I've left the photos in from your original post that have taken my breath away.

The setting up of the diorama, and the use of b/ w photography really capture the spirit of the wartime scene.

I should also point out that I should have left the last photo (b/w) of the FW190 taking off ( or landing, perhaps) is also an extraordinary photo.

Tremendous work!:clap2:

• Like 2

On 1/11/2017 at 6:33 PM, Whofan said:

'Stix, I've left the photos in from your original post that have taken my breath away.

The setting up of the diorama, and the use of b/ w photography really capture the spirit of the wartime scene.

I should also point out that I should have left the last photo (b/w) of the FW190 taking off ( or landing, perhaps) is also an extraordinary photo.

Tremendous work!:clap2:

Hi Whofan. That really is very kind of you to say. I must admit I was very pleased with the way the Photoshopped images turned out.

On 1/12/2017 at 8:42 PM, PattheCat said:

What a wonderful job! Real nice collection of old postcards from the front.

Hi PattheCat - most kind! :thumbsup:

On 1/13/2017 at 1:41 AM, Wolwe82 said:

such a great year Stix, i love your brush skills! :) and the NMF P-47 is totaly amazing, cheers! :) 

Hi Wolwe. Thank you very much for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 10:41 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Completely agree with Whofan.....Those two images in particular are superb!  :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Sarge. As you may have guessed I enjoy making the models plus taking the photos of them!

Kind regards,

Stix

• 5 months later...

Hello,Dear Stix - Once again, an inspirational masterclass in every subject you approach."Finescale Fettling at its Finest!!"

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Thanks 1

Hi Stix,

The MTO Diorama is simply stunning! Very good modelling, composition and photography!

Congrats :clap2:

Jaime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2017 at 20:40, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Dear Stix - Once again, an inspirational masterclass in every subject you approach."Finescale Fettling at its Finest!!"

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul. You are very kind, as always. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• 2 months later...