Mike's Sane Output for 2016

Mike

As is my wont, it's an eclectic 2016, with more completions that I recall, but as we've been up to our eyeballs in upgrading the server in the latter part of this year, I don't feel too bad about a fairly low count anyway :)

First to finish this year was my AMK Mig-31BM Foxhound build in 1:48, which I thoroughly enjoyed:

mig-31bm-1.jpg

mig-31bm-2.jpg

mig-31bm-3.jpg

mig-31bm-4.jpg

mig-31bm-5.jpg

mig-31bm-6.jpg

mig-31bm-7.jpg

mig-31bm-8.jpg

mig-31bm-9.jpg

mig-31bm-10.jpg

mig-31bm-11.jpg

mig-31bm-12.jpg

I don't mind adding more than 4 pics of this one, as I'm quite proud of it, plus some of my others have a few less than 4, so sue me ;)  WIP and RFI threads if you're interested.

A complete change of tack, and probably my first proper multi-media kit that was mostly metal :blink:  I've eyed this kit covetously for years now, and managed to find one this year, so didn't hesitate.  The LionRoar Nebelwerfer 42 210mm rocket Launcher in 1:35:

complete1.jpg

rockets1.jpg

I think I might have forgotten to do an RFI thread, but here's the short WIP in case you're interested in seeing how much of it was metal.

The next one was a complete left-field first for me, in the shape of a 1:144 Wing Gundam EW Colonies Liberation Organisation Mobile Suit XXXG-01W.  A chuffin' great big robotic suit worn by the infeasibly young protagonists of the myriad of Gundam Animé films that are out there.  It was mostly snap-together, and there was no painting involved, but I'm including it because I quite like it, and my total for the year is quite low :blush:

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

Another short WIP can be found here.  Why do I always forget to put them in RFI? :hmmm:

I dragged an unfinished Meng A39 Tortoise in 1:35 out of the loft and finished it next, which is also a bit cheeky to put in this year's tally, but I finished it this year, di'n't I? :tease:

hull1.jpg

hull2.jpg

Another one with no RFI, but the WIP is here.  Just don't look too hard at the date I started it :blush:

I built this little Renault UEII after receiving it for review from Mirage Hobby.  I've always liked the silly crew covers, and fancied a quick build. :shrug:

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

A few more on the half-finished base I retrieved from the loft :)

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

I actually remembered to do an RFI this time! :shocked:  Here's the WIP too.

Now for a bit more Sci-Fi.  Who can forget the glorious Gonk Droid from Star Wars?  What, almost everyone?  Ok, so he didn't have the best lines "GONK!!!", however he's like a Volvo in the 1990s.  Boxy but good.  This was a resin 1:12 kit from JPG productions brought into the UK by our chum Warren from Tirydium models - our own Madmonk.

weathering1.jpg

weathering2.jpg

As per usual I forgot to do an RFI, but these will have to do.  Another really short WIP thread too.

Who'd have thought?  Another completion, although not the one I'd expected.  This is the rekindling of the Revell Snap-together Sith Infiltrator from Star Wars Episode 1, the Phantom Menace, which presumably refers to JarJar Binks :puke: I've added a few bits of scratch built detail, and repainted it to better match the "real" model.

complete1.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete7.jpg

complete9.jpg

I actually remembered to do an RFI for this one, which has a few more pics, and the WIP is here.

Will that be all, Sir?  Possibly, but I'm just starting to lay some paint on my 1:48 Airfix P-40B Warhawk kit, so you never know... watch this space.  No, THIS one. ^_^

Signing off for 2016... or am I? :ninja: Whatever happens, I can guarantee that there's no ridiculousness, madness, or insanity in any of my builds.  They all have certificates of normalcy.

• Like 16

Cheers fellas. ^_^ The Mig was superb fun to build too, and kind of spoiled me for lesser kits to an extent.  I can't wait to get a Mig-25 to sit next to it, but that'll be in the 2017 year book :shrug:

Stunning MiG-31 and that paint job is the muts. I do like the subtle tones on the radome, as it looks on the real thing!

I was only watching this the other evening, so I thought I would share it with you.

Happy Christmas!

Martin

Thanks :)  It's interesting to see the quality of the shut-line on the gear bay doors on take-off... not exactly airtight, although it cuts off immediately, so you can't see whether it's pulled into the correct position once the air-brake is secured.  Gotta love a Foxhound ^_^