Halcyon USS Sulaco - Aliens!

I didn't do a WIP for this build as it was relatively simple and quick, although the paint job took over a week of spraying, building up layers of small strips of masking tape and spraying again, only for when the final unmasking took place for the whole thing to look as if it had the measles or some dreadful skin disease!!! I was devastated after all that work, but then decided to spray one of the lighter grey colours (XF 80) over the whole lot to damp it down and voila, it worked!

I then gave it quite a heavy dirt wash which finished it off nicely. A few spots of silver to bring up some highlights and I'm very happy with the result!

The box says its 1:2400 Scale and it measures 12" long... it even comes with a tiny Dropship - so this is the initial frame in my scenic progression - the next scene was built a few years ago and can be seen here : http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234913827-aliens-dropship-and-apc/

DSC_7033.JPG

DSC_7035.JPG

DSC_7036.JPG

DSC_7037.JPG

DSC_7038.JPG

and from back in April 2012, the next in the sequence...

DSCF5570.JPG

• Like 28

Excellent stuff. It's often forgotten that a simple light spray-over can turn a 'cock-up' into a triumph. Great looking dio. Let's see more!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

I recall that the modelmakers for the film only built/detailed/painted one side of the SULACO to save time/money/materials. You may notice in the film that they always show the same side of her :) 

• Like 1