Advice on light is sought

BallsBuster

With the days much shorter now, and the eyesight not as good as before, I am in dire need of an auxiliary desk lamp. Should be bright preferably foldable and easily transported...

What parameters I need to look for?

Where's the best place to get it?

Thank you for any advice and suggestion.

Somwhere like Hobby Craft do nice lamps. Or even similar craft outlets, like those that do needle work crafts. A daylight bulb /tube fitted will be a good thing too.    There are a number of sizes available that should meet your criteria.

I use an Ott Lite T96G5R.  Folds nicely into my portable tool kit and wasn't expensive at all.  I found it at a boot sale here in the US for $2; it needed a new bulb which was another $10.  Tool kit was a gift so I'd have to ask the missus what she paid, but I suspect not much as she's handy with a coupon.

I occasionally take my tool kit and a kit or two to the local museum and set up a work table there while visitors walk around.  Works a treat as the lighting is poor in the museum.  The tool kit holds all the tools and paints I'd need, plus the light, my magnifier and a 1/72 single engine model.  Works great on road trips and work related overnight trips as well (if I drive, not airplane friendly given the tools).

Tim

I to have been looking for a lamp for my work station, I found most hobby based lights to be on the expensive side, I was advised to look into studio lighting, photography lighting on E#@y, I did, and found there to be a lot more choice and was surprised at how cheap decent 'daylight' lamps etc. are compared to 'hobby' lamps.

HTH. ATB.

Gaz