1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby/FRROM - released - new boxing SMB2 Sa'ar on approach

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby/FRROM - sprues design+FRROM:box art+schemes - release Q3 2023

51-RN-1-Dx-Ut-L-SX373-BO1-204-203-200.jp

So French.

Next ones: injected plastic SNCASO S.O. 4050 Vautour II and Dassault MD.454 Mystère IV kits please. In 1/48th scale of course.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Homebee said:

So French.

Next ones injected plastic SNCASO S.O. 4050 Vautour II and Dassault MD.454 Mystère IV kits please. In 1/48th scale of course.

V.P.

Second the Mystère IV but would really like a Special Hobby Mirage F.1C in '48th.

(And maybe Airfix can give us a new tool SEPECAT Jaguar series at the same time.)

Presumably the first edition comes without the Sa'ar sprue. That will mean buying two — whoops! 

Tony 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tony.t said:

Second the Mystère IV but would really like a Special Hobby Mirage F.1C in '48th.

(And maybe Airfix can give us a new tool SEPECAT Jaguar series at the same time.)

Presumably the first edition comes without the Sa'ar sprue. That will mean buying two — whoops! 

Tony 

I think Fromm will do one and SH the other.

• Like 1

Some bad news, some good news ...

Release date confirmed, July in Prague, work started on the decals.

But we had to drop a scheme (Green one), so we go only for Blue (10-SB) and Red (5-NJ). The intended decal would have been too big (and raised the cost) so we had to make a choice. And, but this was clearly visible in the sprues layout, no external tanks, bombs, etc.

Probably some masks will appear soon for the canopy (not in the kit)

Edited by Gilles_53
Light improvement
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gilles_53 said:

Some bad news, some good news ...

Release date confirmed, July in Prague, work started on the decals.

But we had to drop a scheme (Green one), so we go only for Blue (10-SB) and Red (5-NJ). The intended decal would have been too big (and raised the cost) so we had to make a choice. And, but this was clearly visible in the sprues layout, no external tanks, bombs, etc.

Probably some masks will appear soon for the canopy (not in the kit)

Crack on fella, I am looking forward to this, and when you have finished we need an MD 450 Ouragan in 1/48 of the same excellent quality, cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2023 at 1:19 AM, Gilles_53 said:

Now, the decals

spacer.png

Hello from Québec.

Superb decals Gilles_53.

Do you think that Berna Decals could eventually propose for us a specific decal sheet including the EC 02/12 ‘’Cornouaille’’

Cambrai ‘’12-ZH’’ with green flashes that you have to put aside for reasons of economy ?  

😎

SharkOwl  

• Like 1

I am sure there will be plenty of aftermarket product available for this kit, particularly decal options.  I am looking forward to this.  One question I have: Where the lower wing piece mates with the lower fuselage, are any of these seams along panel line or will the joints need to be filled and sanded.  I just don't have the research myself at this point to determine this.

10 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I am sure there will be plenty of aftermarket product available for this kit, particularly decal options.  I am looking forward to this.  One question I have: Where the lower wing piece mates with the lower fuselage, are any of these seams along panel line or will the joints need to be filled and sanded.  I just don't have the research myself at this point to determine this.

Half-and-half, but the design preserves the rectangular panels on the centreline. I usually use a fair bit of filler around airbrakes anyway, so it will all be part of the same joyful emery therapy session. 

Tony

• Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby/FRROM - sprues design+FRROM:box art+schemes - release in July 2023
On 6/9/2023 at 8:04 PM, Homebee said:

51-RN-1-Dx-Ut-L-SX373-BO1-204-203-200.jp

So French.

Next ones: injected plastic SNCASO S.O. 4050 Vautour II and Dassault MD.454 Mystère IV kits please. In 1/48th scale of course.

V.P.

On 6/10/2023 at 3:12 PM, tony.t said:

Tony 

On 6/14/2023 at 7:25 PM, Acinonyx Jubatus said:

Crack on fella, I am looking forward to this, and when you have finished we need an MD 450 Ouragan in 1/48 of the same excellent quality, cheers

If it means getting a 1/48 Vautor and Ouragan I'll commit to the Mystère IV just to keep it company. I'm very happy about this Mystère B2 to keep me occupied in about 2095 though....

Wow, <£33 in Poland. Bet it'll be a tad more by the time it touches down here, but I can most definitely see both this and the Sa'ar in my crystal procurement ball. 

Remember seeing the L'AdA camouflaged ones lined-up at the Bordeaux-Merignac facility in 1974. Quite a nostalgic subject.

Tony 

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby/FRROM - sprues design+FRROM:box art+schemes - release in August 2023

New - one week ? - delay.

Source: https://www.frrom.com/

Super Mystère B2 au 1/48 ème : arrivée prévue en France le lundi 31 juillet (décalée d'une semaine), livraison à Paris le mardi 1 er août et expéditions immédiates.

And the Yoav Efrati first impressions & sprues pics

https://www.facebook.com/yoav.efrati.5/posts/pfbid036PXYtB4utehBUoXGUsGMYHzrQKuNSy9qPyzot5tk7wmMFT2duHmT8vqGYuc7WP1Ll

V.P.

• Like 1

Great to see the packing getting along. I hope the staff keep hydrated in the heatwave Europe is melting under.

I'd rather be kept informed of issues than have no news and assume things are still on track when they aren't.