1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2)& Sa'ar by Special Hobby/FRROM - released

Homebee

Special Hobby is not only working on a 1/72nd Dassault Super Mystère SMB2 kit (link) but also on a 1/48th one! Yesss.

The subsidiary question is when as the SH kits development delays are often really slow.

Source:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011761-we-need-it-in-148th-the-smb2/&do=findComment&comment=2570698

On 13/12/2016 at 13:56, petr@SpecialHobby said:

But yes, of course, we cannot left out this scale too. Both models have already been designed. The bigger scale one wasn´t made public too much yet, though.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

Looking forward to getting one, no major rush, just glad to have one on the way....a Dassault Ouragan to follow, would fit in with the Azur brand....let us hope

Ali

Ali,

Whilst I agree an Ouragan would be great, I'd personally prefer a Mystère IVA, far more colourful and with plenty of marking options.  It too would fit in with the Azur brand.

14 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Isracast just brought out a nice resin Ouragan.... so a Mystere is definitely preferred!

Yes but as you say a resin kit... with a vacuform canopy... Link: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235003122-148-dassault-md-450-ouragan-resin-kit-by-isracast-released/

V.P.

13 hours ago, Homebee said:

Yes but as you say a resin kit... with a vacuform canopy... Link: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235003122-148-dassault-md-450-ouragan-resin-kit-by-isracast-released/

V.P.

nothing against a modern tooled,  injection molded Ouragan in 1/48! 

it is just that I'd prefer a Mystere for above mentioned reasons!

and yes, a vacform canopy might put some people off,  but the FM Mystere and Super Mystere injection molded, limited run, hard to get, and expensive kits also have a vacform canopy ;)

price-wise I am not sure if a special hobby Super Mystere will be that much cheaper AND equally detailed (cockpit, etc ) than the FM kit..... availability will increase though!! :)

Well at the rate that things are going I have a feeling that we may see quite a few of these various requests from Azur / MPM group, in the next year or two.

It would be amazing to have a Vautour in 1/48, that reminds me maybe I should pick up one in 1/72 in the mean time.

I would also be happy if they scaled up the Mirage F.1 Single and Two seater, as the Kitty Hawk one is NOT for me, still prefer the old Esci (Italeri) one over the Kitty Hawk one, BUT neither are really good enough.

But back to this announced release, it will do nicely for a start to have the Super Mystere available next year.

Ali

• Like 1

Man I really hope that the 1/48 Super Mystere B2 arrives soon!

Yes the other aircraft would be great in 1/48 too, Mystere II, IV, Mirage F1 and dare I say it.....Vautour!!!!

But I guess that we can only hope at this stage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antoine said:

If he doesn't answer within the next 24hrs, I'll set up a rescue operation.

Just checking did you send him a PM, just thinking that may get hold of Julien before you have to call in all the nations for a full rescue operation.

Ali

Confirmed in 2018. 2020 2023...

Source: http://www.specialhobby.info/2017/12/special-hobby-newsletter-january-2018.html

(...) During the new year that is quickly approaching, you can expect plenty of really eye-catching new model kits which, besides the January news described further below, are for example the following: 1/72 SAAB Viggen, Super Mystere B.2, Vampire Mk.I, Dornier Do-27,  Meteor NF Mk.11/12/13/14, two-stage Mosquito versions, in 1/48 scale also the Super Mystere B.2 or the Dornier Do-24 and in our biggest scale 1/32 the Tempest Mk.VI or the I.A.R.-81 BoPi. (...)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1