1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby/FRROM - released - new boxing SMB2 Sa'ar on approach

Homebee

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, SeaVenom said:

There's a thread below with some news.

Yes... But in 1/72nd. We're here chatting about the Special Hobby 1/48th Super Mystère B2 project.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235011759-172-dassault-super-mystère-b2-smb2-by-special-hobby-azur-fromm-3d-rendersspruestest-buildbox-art-release-april-may-2019/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Homebee said:

Oh yes.   Didn't notice that.   I'd imagine that's a long way off.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby - release in 2021 ?
On 1/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, Homebee said:

The google traduction of this ''Ano, pracujeme na něm'' stands for Yes, we are working on it ! 

One thing sure, this 1/48 scale Super Mystère SMB.2 will be a Special Hobby best seller.

🙂

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby - release in 2022 ?
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby - sprues design - release in 2023

Expected in 2022...

Source: https://www.specialhobby.info/2022/02/nuremberg-online-day-three.html

Each ‘proper’ Nuremberg fair, we have always provided you with a plenty of information on the new releases. Let's do not make any exception now just because of the cancellation of the fair. The kits mentioned in this Nuremberg Online series of blogs are expected to appear on the market this year and if some of them will not, be assured we will be working hard on them anyway. One of such projects we firmly believe will hit the market sometimes in 2022 is the new 1/48 scale SMB-2 Super Mystere French jet icon. Kindly allow us keep all the other news under wraps, at least for now. The only thing we can tell now is that we do have very secret projects never and nowhere else mentioned before, one in 1/32 and the other in 1/72. So stay tuned...

Sprues design

SH48-SMB2-A.jpg

SH48-SMB2-B.jpg

SH48-SMB2-C.jpg

SH48-SMB2-D.jpg

SH48-SMB2-E.jpg

SH48-SMB2-F.jpg

SH48-SMB2-Z.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

I have been waiting for this for some time.  Really would like to build one that saw action with Israel and I think this kit will do nicely.  Hopefully they will include Israeli markings.  I will definitely buy one of these!

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby - sprues design - release in 2022
20 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I have been waiting for this for some time.  Really would like to build one that saw action with Israel and I think this kit will do nicely.  Hopefully they will include Israeli markings.  I will definitely buy one of these!

The last sprue render (before the transparent parts) seems to have the extended tailcone for the Sa'ar version (J-52 engined), used only by Israel and later Honduras, so is very probable that Israeli aircrafts are going to be among the marking options.

• Like 3

A very good news indeed.

Thanks to Homebe for this info.

The digital illustrations of the sprues layout suggest a quite ''simple and practical''

1/48 kit that will certainly be a future ''best seller'' for Special Hobby.

Lets hope that Special Hobby will also think for the future to eventually produce

both 1/48 Dassault Mystère IV and 1/48 Dassault Ouragan kits.

👍

SharkOwl 

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 5

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby/FRROM - sprues design+FRROM schemes - release in 2022

FRROM boxing announced - ref. FR7001 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 - early

(...) we will release a Super Mystère B2 in 1/48th, expected for June. This is the kit announced by Special Hobby, with the camouflage schemes we had for our 1/72nd kit FR0035 (sold out), please see the history, camouflage schemes and sprues on the dedicated page FR7001.

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr7001-2

Box art

FR0035-Bxp2.jpg

Schemes:

• Camo A : SMB-2 - c/n 110 - code: 10-SB - from 04/24/59 to 11/20/64 - EC 01/10 "Valois" - Creil air base. Engaged in the SEATO cruise to Bangkok in March 61
  • Camo B : SMB-2 - c/n 18 - code: 12-ZH - from 02/07/68 to 04/03/70, - EC 02/12 "Cornouaille" - Cambrai air base
  • Camo C : SMB-2 - c/n 60 - code: 5-NJ - from 05/03/61 to 05/04/64-  EC 01/05 "Vendée" - Orange-Caritat air base

FR0035-Cam-Ap.jpg

FR0035-Cam-Bp.jpg

FR0035-Cam-Cp.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Dassault Super Mystère B2 (SMB2) by Special Hobby/FRROM - sprues design+FRROM:box art+schemes - release in 2022