Westland Super Lynx 300 Mk 64 by Scaleworx in 48th scale...

heloman1

A long time in it's gestation but here it is. I just recieved the second castings from Scaleworx and aimed at converting the Airfix 48th scale Lynx kit into the Super Lynx 300 Mk 64. The parts a very well cast in Scaleworx customary light blue resin. There are a few air bubble but nothing to worry those modellers already used to resin kits. The kit comprises a new nose, engine/main rotor hosing, instrument panel and centre console. These are supported by a sellection of detail parts.

The parts were mastered by myself and modified/updated by John at Scaleworx. I had worked from a limited sellection of photos of and early example, John had access to the real item.

Here is what you get...

066crre_zpsesm4yj8h.jpg

Interested, then contact Scaleworkx at [email protected] or check out their Facebook page.

Colin

• Like 5

Yes indeed Crisp. I started fettling the parts after I recieved them yesterday at noon.  I'll post some more pics later today cabin assembled and the centre console fitted so far.

This is not going to be a quick build, I've a Wessi to fininish in the STGB before Feb.

Colin

• Like 1

OK, I got a little more done last eve, I removed the seat belt detail from the rear bulkhead. Cut the front bulkhead out with a little mishap on the post side, removed the undetailed centre console and inserted the new part. I also added the gunners seat plate to the cabin floor.

010crre_zpsqlyl5b6v.jpg

I need to wait for the underside part to come back from Cape Town before I can carry on. So it may be a while before i can get back to this build.

Colin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys, a small update. yesterday pm I got the instrument panel, centre console and cabin painted and the seat/fuel rtank installed. The cabin back wil was alos added after I had painted the sound deadening quilting.

I subsequently received the decal sheet, small but crisply printed via the ALPS system. More of that next time.

002crre_zpskb9uplzc.jpg

001crre_zpsuy1q4nn8.jpg

More soon...

Colin

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

IMG_0003%203crrelw_zpsye4p2uyx.jpg

Ok guys, I managed a couple of hours on the Super Lynx. Lots of filing and cursing to get the cabin assembly into the fus, halves and to get it to close up... I think it was still a tad too fat!!

Here are the pics of my progres so far, including the cracked windscreen ...

IMG_0001%203crrelw_zpsrc95o1h0.jpg

IMG_0002%204crrelw_zpsyj6ka6is.jpg

This is the fus, underside, along the joint line there is some filler. I should have looked at the cabin/cockpit fit again before buttoning thigs up, it has compromised the fit of the nose!!!

Then when I  fished the clear part sprue out of the storge box I was keeping all my Lynx kits in, disaster... The widscreen part is shattered!!! Luckily I had a second/third kit I can rob the screen off so i'll replace the spare sprue.

IMG_0003%202crlw_zpsrc6i6ixc.jpg

Right, some detailing this afternoon, then I'll post again later this week.

Thanks for looking in...

Colin

Edited by heloman1
images added
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2017 at 1:32 PM, perdu said:

In the immortal words of Mr Jones, it's not unusual

I'll look in later

👍

Bill. I understand but if Mr Jones had waited for Photobucket to post his songs, he may well have just been a one hit wonder... Luckily for him in those day they didn't exist.

Colin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perdu said:

Fine,very fine work Colin

Nice

I'm enjoying the build Bill, I mastered the parts but it's taken more than three years to get them to market. They're not cheap but hey, I got them out there, it's up to the punters to grab them whilst they are available.

When I had/started ROTORcraft I made parts thatI I wanted and I originally cast them for myself and offered them on the web. However the postal system here in SA etc, gave me greif and I all but gave up, That is when/until Ali from Ali Cats and I got together to market the kits/conversions. Helos are always going to be at the back of the frame when it come to the buying public but hey we kept a good few people happy. For that I'm greatful.

The Siper Lynx kit is/maybe  my last...

Colin

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vlamgat9 said:

I received my set from Scaleworx last week. Beautifully designed and casted.

Thanks, t took a long time to get it into the market place but it is here. Thanks to John for taking on the casting and marketing.

Colin (ex ROTORcraft)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to dissapoint guys, I've been away form this build for longer than I had wished. Travels with my new layd and local wild fires have prevented me form any progress. I'm away again in Pretoria this weekend si, it's going to be wednesday next week before I can see any progress on my build... bear with me please.

Colin