- SUKHOI Su 24 - 1/48 - TRUMPETER

IPMS19

- Time has come to go rearward and take care of the fuselage and jet exhaust K-Z transkit.

But first the wing sweeping system and gear wells had to be installed.This is not a great problem and every thing take its place without any problem.

002_zps2huofuy3.jpg

- I didn't spent time on detailing as very few thing remain visible once the gear installed and the main door and airbrakes closed as mostly seen on machine parked on the ground.

003_zpsmeyljtgd.jpg

To avoid eventual step on the central gluing joint I've added a few reinforcement plugs just in case as the parts are long and the plastic thin

Then  attacking the  parts of the resin rear fuselage and the first thing to do is to remove , their large moulding   base from all parts;

Owing to their size I elect to use my faithful Dremel .Conviniently used you can obtain a very precise result as shown with the flame holder crown

001_zps14mztogz.jpg

-The problem may come from the dust generated. If you want to enjoy a peaceful life with you wife don't do this in your kitchen or dinning room, and most of all use a breathing mask........

4784_zpsl8wlgf3t.jpg

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Such a noooiiiceee work there, J.M. (Jean-Marie, perhaps? ;)).

So, the Komplekt Zip resin forward fuselage to radome joint is a feisty one, huh? :hmmm:Still haven't got hold of 'em KZ resin bits 'n' me's scared already!

Yeh, the kit windshield looks way better than the vac-form one, too.

Still, the KZ bits are necessary for the Trumpy Fencer, methinks.

Cheers, J.M.

Unc2

P.S: Where's my mate Janne?

- It is Jean-Michel

35 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

P.S: Where's my mate Janne?

I'm here 😂 In rainy city of Oulu Finland taking notes from this build😁

J-M build is really nice and fast. I wish i could make progress as fast. I was going to use KZ wind screen, but now decided to use kit part. I'm detailing main gear bays as i'm going to show them with all doors open. 

Love your work J-M!  

And happy new year!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Janne said:

J-M build is really nice and fast. I wish i could make progress as fast. I was going to use KZ wind screen, but now decided to use kit part. I'm detailing main gear bays as i'm going to show them with all doors open. 

Love your work J-M!  

And happy new year!

- Kittos Janne  as retired Major, modelling is the only thing I have to do not to think of my sunny years. I've been several times in Finland, I remember with some nostalgy Unasvaraan-Pyrtit, Ranua and its wolves and white bears and drinking Lakka .As a modeller I've had my Illmavoimat period and I own all Kari STENMANN books

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

- Kittos Janne  as retired Major, modelling is the only thing I have to do not to think of my sunny years. I've been several times in Finland, I remember with some nostalgy Unasvaraan-Pyrtit, Ranua and its wolves and white bears and drinking Lakka .As a modeller I've had my Illmavoimat period and I own all Kari STENMANN books

Oh you have been in Rovaniemi. City where i grow up and spend my first 16 years. My dad is retired Major from Finnish airforce. He used to fly Draken, Bae Hawk and Fouga. There is airforce base at Rovaniemi. That where i have gotten my thing for planes and modeling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-The problem may come from the dust generated. If you want to enjoy a peaceful life with you wife don't do this in your kitchen or dinning room, and most of all use a breathing mask...

Uh-huh... Jean-Michel, yer missus might not like her kitchen full of resin dust, but beware of that dust, as it's terribly harmful to the respiratory system. They say one is s'possed to vent the resin dust outa 'em house completely, as, if dust settles on the surface, it will easily become airborne once again when disturbed.

It's clever to damp 'em resin bits first.

4 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

4784_zpsl8wlgf3t.jpg

:o Bane? From the Dark Knight Rises...? :lol:

3 hours ago, Janne said:

Would ya trade yer rain up there in Oulu for the hot 'n' humid Buenos Aires? My regards to Tarja Turunen, please. :wub:

Cheers, J.M. 'n' Janne! Happy New Year!

Unc2

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Would ya trade yer rain up there in Oulu for the hot 'n' humid Buenos Aires? My regards to Tarja Turunen, please. :wub:

Cheers, J.M. 'n' Janne! Happy New Year!

Unc2

Hah, it should be minus 30 celsius here next week, so i would love trade😂 If i see Tarja i tell you said hi😀

- It 's t.ime for the delicate operation of shortening the kit fuselage to adapt the K-Z rear fuselage

002_zpsyhquzsbw.jpg

Measured with a calliper, you have to remove 16 m/m from the kit. as a reference, to facilitate the job you can use the third rib from the rear

003_zpsn57paxni.jpg

004_zpsq8timqze.jpg

-Nothing difficultit is easier than you may imagine and the result obtained is a testimony of the excellent design of K-Z. 

009_zpsremsjx8j.jpg

008_zpsiortg55y.jpg

010_zpshih4cqoa.jpg

011_zpskjsfvahp.jpg

- The part are simply maintained together with adhesive tape without any gluing nor adjusting, ........the final work will be a nice piece of my Grand-ma cake........

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Janne said:

Hah, it should be minus 30 celsius here next week, so i would love trade😂

Deal, then! Ough... :poo: it's almost 40° Celsius right now; dunno whether me's a lump over the hot pavement or I'm in hell already. Can't stand the bloody heat!

Y'know sweet Tarja is married to an Argentinean bloke who owns a record company down here. He'd press all of Nightwish's albums. :crying:

I was told Tarja speaks Spanish like a pro by now. Signed all of my CDs. Emppu Vourinen couldn't reach over the counter in order to do so. :bleh:

Then me's friends with Tony Kakko.

• Like 1

Hi and greetings from Komplekt ZIP! ;)

On 13.12.2016 at 18:19, IPMS19 said:

What is damageable is that the first series of moulding of this reference had resin clear parts, this was enough to justify the heavy cost of the kit, not the vac formed one; .....bad advertising.........

On 27.12.2016 at 21:38, N5016R said:

I received the KZ set today, aaaaand it came with a vac formed canopy... I have no idea how I'll work with that. Vacuform canopies give me nightmares.

Really sorry to hear about this misunderstanding, but we were forced to switch to vac formed canopy around two years ago. There no way for anybody to get the 48005 kit with canopy made out of clear resin. Maybe second-hand is an only option. Looks like that some of our retailers didn't changed pictures of this kit on their websites. Usually Soga-miniatures.ru.com has actual information about our kits and keeps it up-to-date carefully, you could check it here http://soga-miniatures.ru.com/index.php?categoryID=579 . And regarding kit price with vac formed canopy versus old one with clear resin parts, since vac formed parts are ordered by ourselves in other company they have roughly same price as in-shop moulded clear resin parts, so the whole kit price stayed same.

Regards,

Maksim

Edited by KZIP Jr
  • Like 3

Well, Maksim, that's a great piece of info! Thanks a huge lot for sharin' it with us.

Whut 'bout my good mate Dmitri Baev? We use to deal the Miniarm bits for the 1/48 Academy Flanker back in the day.

Incidentally; has Miniarm gone west already?

Cheers,

Unc2 <---- feelin' a tad under the weather 'cause me doesn't see my mates J.M. 'n' Janne on 'em thread. :crying:

7 hours ago, KZIP Jr said:

Hi and greetings from Komplekt ZIP! ;)

Really sorry to hear about this misunderstanding, but we were forced to switch to vac formed canopy around two years ago. There no way for anybody to get the 48005 kit with canopy made out of clear resin. Maybe second-hand is an only option. Looks like that some of our retailers didn't changed pictures of this kit on their websites. Usually Soga-miniatures.ru.com has actual information about our kits and keeps it up-to-date carefully, you could check it here http://soga-miniatures.ru.com/index.php?categoryID=579 . And regarding kit price with vac formed canopy versus old one with clear resin parts, since vac formed parts are ordered by ourselves in other company they have roughly same price as in-shop moulded clear resin parts, so the whole kit price stayed same.

Regards,

Maksim

- Spassiba Maksim ..I have to say that your kits are better than many other......

16 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Whut 'bout my good mate Dmitri Baev?

As far as I know they family project doing great, wish we had more chances to work with them.

15 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

I have to say that your kits are better than many other......

Completed models with of our kits in them is the best compliment for all who participated in their creation. Many folks here on Britmodeller are awesome in that respect. Thank you!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KZIP Jr said:

As far as I know they family project doing great, wish we had more chances to work with them.

Completed models with of our kits in them is the best compliment for all who participated in their creation. Many folks here on Britmodeller are awesome in that respect. Thank you!

- In the same way , I have  the kits for La 9 and La 11 .I think I could built both soon..

- May I suggest you something ?   it could be interesting for many modellers be to have some different  parts for Mig 25 long noses to cover these versions ( BM - RB - RBS - RBV....etc..) including the two seater   (PU/RU) to be added in the range of your products as I'm not sure ICM or any other brand else could issue one of these version...

- Happy, wealthy and healthy new year  everybody, I'm back with my Fencer and its rear end.

- The rear bulkhead receiving the jet cans seems a bit thin, so I've thought about some reinforcement, nothing sophisticated whatever,

001_zpskafmyooo.jpg

002_zpsxway3jkz.jpg

The fitting in the fuselage is straightforward after just a very few adjustment

004_zpsjua39elf.jpg

003_zps2nmjelsy.jpg

-Gluing the engine housing is aqually very easy, the part match almost perfectly the plastic fuselage.I used posable C.A glue rendering all adjustement possible

005_zpsocn9jues.jpg

006_zpsdmysyx1w.jpg

-The engines are installed from the rear to ease, their shape is not perfectly circular as are the holes in the bulkhead which help positionning them in the bulkhead

008_zpsv2zvvehv.jpg

- The rear end of the cowling protecting the engine exhaust petals are installed now as a reinforcement at the back of the negine to prevent them to move around inside the fuselage

009_zps7d9vg3no.jpg

010_zps83mf8fbn.jpg

001_zpszqmauoip.jpg

-The next step will be  fixing the joints of these parts.There is some gap between them but I think they comes from an irregular removing and sanding of the resin sprue and of the rear plastic fuselage, for all of this I'm entirely responsible

• Like 1

On 03.01.2017 at 18:51, IPMS19 said:

- May I suggest you something ?   it could be interesting for many modellers be to have some different  parts for Mig 25 long noses to cover these versions ( BM - RB - RBS - RBV....etc..) including the two seater   (PU/RU) to be added in the range of your products as I'm not sure ICM or any other brand else could issue one of these version...

Thank you for your input but we currently focused almost all our efforts towards 1/35 scale armour and soft skins, it's our bread and butter for the last year, so pity that aviation subjects not so popular here in Russia :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KZIP Jr said:

Thank you for your input but we currently focused almost all our efforts towards 1/35 scale armour and soft skins, it's our bread and butter for the last year, so pity that aviation subjects not so popular here in Russia :(

- You're right, there are so many wonderful fliyng machine, either from Russia today or Soviet period or Great Patriotic War like for instance Yak 25/28 series, Tu 128 interceptor, Beriev flying boat or sea-plane Etc.....I'm sure there is a good aviation kit market to prospect outside Russia ; I didn't knew K-Z at all untill I recently discovered your aviation transkit completly by luck . I wish that forums like Britmodeller could help K-Z to be better known elsewhere

• Like 1

- The final stage of the rear fuselage has not been so easy I thought. If the main parts are top notched, the small pieces between the engines exhaust are a b it too thin and I experienced some problem with them .

001_zps6pv3l5wo.jpg

This  photo is taken straight from the workshop without  any sanding of some scribbing work to show the problem I met  with the parts between the engines. I finally decided to suppress and replaced them with duly shaped classic plastic thicker parts using the resin parts as pattern without any more problems.I wish my experience be useful for your built.

003_zps3whpetiu.jpg

004_zpsol9luxlo.jpg

002_zpskefs0si9.jpg

005_zpsaw066urr.jpg

-As can be seen here, after  some priming to detect the remaining bugs. it just need now a few work to get a perfect finish , KZ parts fit to the plastic fuselage is very nice. The plastic fuselage will be worked on at a later stage.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

D'ya know where that Finnish Janne sod might be?

Cheers,

Unc2

Hi guys! 

Here i am, following as J-M rocks this kit. Havent got much of a modeling time lately.

what markings are you going to use?

14 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

HI there, Jean-Michel!

Dropped in on to see just how yer Fencer was feelin' like. It looks like she's got a sore tail. :bleh:

D'ya know where that Finnish Janne sod might be?

Cheers,

Unc2

2 hours ago, Janne said:

Hi guys! 

Here i am, following as J-M rocks this kit. Havent got much of a modeling time lately.

-  Hi Uncle

- I had hard time with the rear end , but I think I'm responsible for this as I was not happy with the position of the part linking trhe two exhaust so I elected to correct it but I had already just sent the C.A and it was too late to move whatever thing and as result the part broke when I tried to move it, after several trial to repair the part and use it it proved impossible as this part is very thin.

-Hi Janne

- I still don't know which marking I will use, I have plenty of choice with the Begemot decal sheet. I would like to built it in the darker grey camo, but Ididn't find the reference in the AKAN paint range so my decision will be taken at the last moment

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Janne said:

Hi guys! 

Hola, Janne! :clap:

Ya rejoicin' on those -30°C already over there in sweet Oulu? Wish I were there, my mate. Yeh, me does.

3 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-  Hi Uncle

- I had hard time with the rear end , but I think I'm responsible for this as I was not happy with the position of the part linking trhe two exhaust so I elected to correct it but I had already just sent the C.A and it was too late to move whatever thing and as result the part broke when I tried to move it, after several trial to repair the part and use it it proved impossible as this part is very thin.

Hi, J.M! Y'know I'm still waitin' for my KZ sets (guess they must be comin' in down from the Russian Federation on 'em back of a tortoise, 'cause it's been a huge while since me's purchased 'em, still they haven't arrived yet - hope turtles nay likey resin to be fed on).

Be that as it may, I was a tad worried by readin' 'bout yer grief at fittin' 'em burners, so I went a tad paranoid, searchin' 'em webz for any info regardin' 'em KZ bits 'n' their fittin' issues.

Guess whut? Came across this build right here on BM! :blink2:

Jungle Jim Su-24 build thread

A tad late for ye, perhaps it'd be useful in yer next build...? But check the clever fix he's gone thru' for this specific set. Jim's of the idea that the KZ moulds might be a bit abused. Me oughta have looked before.

Cheers ya both Janne 'n' J.M. 

Unc2

• Like 1