- SUKHOI Su 24 - 1/48 - TRUMPETER

IPMS19

1 hour ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Hola, Janne! :clap:

Ya rejoicin' on those -30°C already over there in sweet Oulu? Wish I were there, my mate. Yeh, me does.

Right now its only -3 celsius here in oulu and its snowing. Very nice weather👍🏻

J-M, i'm planing to build white 01 with sharkmouth. Very weathered bird. Begemot gives so many choices that is very difficult to choose.

• Like 2

- I still didn't make my mind on which decal I'll use but it is sure that I won't use any early version  with goose neck nose probe and MR version, had the ventral reco pod available I could have chosen one of this version offered by Begemot.with a few new paneling to add on the nose and some diffirent antenas

- Now the time has come to assemble the nose to the fuselage .This was done without trouble .No step between the two components, just a small joint to fix nothing different with usual plastic kits, - Photos a bit later as soon as Mr Photobucket gives it green light.........:( :( :angry: :angry:

- of the item KZ  I've used the intakes assemblies are the last. for the first time with these transkit, I've experienced some trouble  which riquired a few after work.

003_zpsi8rs2l6l.jpg

004_zpsgjdxlclv.jpg

005_zpsyiwdmxgt.jpg

The rows of small holes on the splitter plates should have been deeply engraved as they may not be very conspicious after painting.

007_zpsihuzzpkq.jpg

011_zpsjx8myecz.jpg

012_zpst1ity2sa.jpg

The fitting of the air intakes is not the best ;I have some regret with this as the KZ is elswhere very good

002_zpsssgljx5j.jpg

003_zps66zdoii6.jpg

004_zpsqxpp5giu.jpg

005_zps1kovuihx.jpg

- The race is almost run with KZ parts, I have to says that all in all they are good transkit with only one regret, no resin clear parts.

- Next I will focuse on the wings...

• Like 3

Hi

if think i saw a build long time in another forum where was same problem with intakes. His used only KZ splitter plates and other parts were Trumpeter. 

Your wind screen  looks great. I see you made little scratch building on top of it. Did you have to do any other modifycation to fit it to KZ nose?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Janne said:

Hi

if think i saw a build long time in another forum where was same problem with intakes. His used only KZ splitter plates and other parts were Trumpeter. 

Your wind screen  looks great. I see you made little scratch building on top of it. Did you have to do any other modifycation to fit it to KZ nose?

- Hei Hei Janne

- When I made some dry fitting trial to test the feasability of replacing KZ windscreen by the kit's one it seems the small triangular shape at the top of the windscreen could cause a problem with the Neomega bulkhead separating the pilots , so I removed it but once everythings in place ,it became evident this small part was missing so I had to restore it by scratch a bit larger than the original to match the Kz petals.but it is not really necessary....

• Like 1

-I wrote it was time to take care of the wings.There is some work to do there,so referring to a post made by ANTTI.K, I began work on the underside. I've added some more surface to the flap, augmenting its chord , 13 m/m at the root to 8m/m

003_zpsv7trxso4.jpg

004_zpsiosz00un.jpg

005_zpsualqtxen.jpg

-Then the leading edge flaps are to be modified by reducing the number of roller rails to five. Being too narrow it is no problem to obstruct the whole

001_zpsrd3cavdb.jpg

Then glue the flap and scrib a new joint line with the four new roller tracks place.

004_zpskg1sojkw.jpg

-To be repeated for the other wing of course

- So it is the end of this post, you will see the final result on R F I; - I would like to thanks  my two Finns friends Antti k, and Janne , and Uncle Cool, whose support has been a great help for me as well as the numerous "likes" I've received.

251.jpg

- My technical adviser is exhausted , please do not wake it up ........

• Like 2

Aw, that Sir Tom's S*U*C*H! a lazy sod... ^_^ Look at him, for Gawd's sake. Dunno why it reminds me of Janne. :lol:

Hey, J.M! Didn't know ya had acquired 'em KZ intakes too. Nice save on 'em!

Say, are 'em flaps 'n' slats positionable in the Trumpy kit? My bits still haven't arrived, boo-hoo-hoo...

Dyin' of anticipation here.

Cheers, mate.

Unc2 

Nice work, J.M.!

I'm following your thread with enthusiasm... I've bought Mastercaster's wheels and I think they are really nice. Today I received the KZ nose and exhaust correction sets (I've bought at HobbyEasy for the best price that I could find - VF canopy), I believe they are a nice improvement however I decided not to buy the intakes because I couldn't find any comparison to show what are the benefits... what do you think about them?

15 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-I wrote it was time to take care of the wings.There is some work to do there,so referring to a post made by ANTTI.K, I began work on the underside. I've added some more surface to the flap, augmenting its chord , 17m/m at the root to 8m/m

003_zpsv7trxso4.jpg

004_zpsiosz00un.jpg

005_zpsualqtxen.jpg

-Then the leading edge flaps are to be modified by reducing the number of roller rails to five. Being too narrow it is no problem to obstruct the whole

001_zpsrd3cavdb.jpg

Then glue the flap and scrib a new joint line with the five new roller tracks place.

004_zpskg1sojkw.jpg

-To be repeated for the other wing of course

- So it is the end of this post, you will see the final result on R F I; - I would like to thanks  my two Finns friends Antti k, and Janne , and Uncle Cool, whose support has been a great help for me as well as the numerous "likes" I've received.

251.jpg

- My technical adviser is exhausted , please do not wake it up ........

-The Trumpy kit can be shown everythings down and wing at maximum sweept as I built a few years ago, but I think I was wrong as most  photos of machine on the ground canopies opened show it everythings in and wing at minimum sweep

SUKHOI24FENCER018.jpg

SUKHOI24FENCER008.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LT Motta said:

Nice work, J.M.!

I'm following your thread with enthusiasm... I've bought Mastercaster's wheels and I think they are really nice. Today I received the KZ nose and exhaust correction sets (I've bought at HobbyEasy for the best price that I could find - VF canopy), I believe they are a nice improvement however I decided not to buy the intakes because I couldn't find any comparison to show what are the benefits... what do you think about them?

- Hobby easy is the best choice on the cost and availability points of view. I bought mine there too together with La 9 and La 11 transkits.

- About the intakes, they are marginally shorter and  there are rows of small holes on the splitter plates as the ones seen on the Phantom II intakes, but they are not enough deeply engraved so they may desappear at painting, all in all, I don't find a great change compared to the kit ones added to great care being required at jointing them; But may be I'm wrong and someone more proficient at Fencer may tell us more about this point.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Aw, that Sir Tom's S*U*C*H! a lazy sod... ^_^ Look at him, for Gawd's sake. Dunno why it reminds me of Janne. :lol:

Hey, J.M! Didn't know ya had acquired 'em KZ intakes too. Nice save on 'em!

Say, are 'em flaps 'n' slats positionable in the Trumpy kit? My bits still haven't arrived, boo-hoo-hoo...

Dyin' of anticipation here.

Cheers, mate.

Unc2 

😂 thats me! 

JM, looking good👍🏻

9 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-The Trumpy kit can be shown everythings down and wing at maximum sweept as I built a few years ago, but I think I was wrong as most  photos of machine on the ground canopies opened show it everythings in and wing at minimum sweep

Technically is it possible to have the wings at maximum sweep and flap and slats deployed on a parked aircraft (I have a few photos on my old pc, will look for them) but never seen an armed aircraft parked like that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

SUKHOI24FENCER008.jpg

G'day, J.M!

That piccy's so sexy! :wub: Did this Trumpy kit also receive the KZ treatment as well? Me can't quite tell, but I guess she didn't. Is me right? 

1 hour ago, Janne said:

😂 thats me! 

I'm sure! :rofl: Howdy, Janne?

1 hour ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Technically is it possible to have the wings at maximum sweep and flap and slats deployed on a parked aircraft (I have a few photos on my old pc, will look for them) but never seen an armed aircraft parked like that.

Hi there, Andrea.

Noooiiiceee to have ya here on BM. Was wonderin' whether or nay the Fencer could have its wings at maximum sweep (flap 'n' slat down 'n' all), while parked on 'em tarmac. I kinda like her lookin' like that. Piccies gonna be much welcome if ye find 'em, that is. :nodding:

Cheers, my mates.

Unc2

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andrea Bolla said:

- I agree with you, the moving parts could have been opened could it be for maintenance reason , but to this date I've not been able to find the smallest photo of a 24  with wings extended and flaps and slats down during servicing job.

12 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

G'day, J.M!

That piccy's so sexy! :wub: Did this Trumpy kit also receive the KZ treatment as well? Me can't quite tell, but I guess she didn't. Is me right? 

I'm sure! :rofl: Howdy, Janne?

Hi there, Andrea.

Noooiiiceee to have ya here on BM. Was wonderin' whether or nay the Fencer could have its wings at maximum sweep (flap 'n' slat down 'n' all), while parked on 'em tarmac. I kinda like her lookin' like that. Piccies gonna be much welcome if ye find 'em, that is. :nodding:

Cheers, my mates.

Unc2

- Y're right , no  KZ  it is  OOB  , the  K 36  resin seats excepted , that's why I decided to built another one with KZ transkits this time.

14 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

- I agree with you, the moving parts could have been opened could it be for maintenance reason , but to this date I've not been able to find the smallest photo of a 24  with wings extended and flaps and slats down during servicing job.

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

lykvS-81988ff699e595f3197db36127468962-r

Brought alive my old PC: these came from the now gone militaryphotos.net, I dont know the original poster there; have another set in hangar during maintenance. I'm sure I have another single photo of another airframe parked outside, have to dig deeper...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Andrea Bolla said:

DSC00273.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

lykvS-81988ff699e595f3197db36127468962-r

Brought alive my old PC: these came from the now gone militaryphotos.net, I dont know the original poster there; have another set in hangar during maintenance. I'm sure I have another single photo of another airframe parked outside, have to dig deeper...

- Many thanks for these very interesting photos

19 hours ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Terrific set o' piccies, Andrea; thanks a helluva lot, my mate! Guess we owe ya a couple bottles o' wine, don't we, J.M.? :nodding: Yeh, we do.

Mine is to travel a loooooooooooong way up there in, Italy...?

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1