BTL-A4 Y-wing

Bandai 1/144 scale

ywingWMtest.jpg

ywing2WM.jpg

ywing3WM.jpg

ywing4WM.jpg

ywing5WM.jpg

ywing6WM.jpg

Bandai "Vehicle Model" Y-wing (1/144 scale); completed in Tamiya & Vallejo acrylics, Mr Color lacquers, and Mig Productions enamels.

This is was a fun little weekend project! I started it late Sunday morning and finished it up Monday morning. I painted it as Dex Tiree's Gold 2 who was famously shot down by Darth Vader during the Battle of Yavin (I had no intention to copy you, Andy!). Truth be told, it could probably stand to have a little more weathering, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, especially for something I started on Sunday around lunchtime and finished up Monday morning. I still can't get over the detail on this kit; for something that fits in the palm of my hand, it's absurd! Comments and criticism is welcomed as always!

• Like 13

Fantastic result. I was a bit sceptical about these box scale releases when Bandai first announced them, but having made this and the SD, I'm really starting to love them. I know the Falcon's out soon, but I'm really hoping to see some more of the larger ships. A Tantive IV would do for starters.

Andy

• Like 1