Hawker Hurricane Mk.I, 1/48 Airfix

Hi, this is my latest project - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I, scale 1/48, Airfix. Marking 312. (Czechoslovak) Sqn., pilot P/O Adolf Vrána, January 1941. I used  photo etched instrument panel and seat belts, resin wheels and exhaust, all Eduard. Colors are Gunze "C". Decals are DKdecals.

file.php?id=1262410

file.php?id=1262411

file.php?id=1262412

file.php?id=1262413file.php?id=1262414file.php?id=1262415

Edited by Ales R.
  • Like 59

If I understand your query - surface is composed of several layers of paint, that it is not a continuous layer. This is done an airbruh. Then there are products of MIG, AMMO - streaking effect. Of course wash and matt varnish. The last is dirty of pigments. Abrasions are peeled to a silver base.

9 hours ago, Ales R. said:

JIG? Do you mean a stand? http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/index.php?manufacturers_id=92

My is  homemade modifications.

Thanks Ales, that is what was being referred to. It's one of the oddities of the English language that can be confusing to non-native speakers (rest assured your English is so good that I checked your location before I realised why you were confused!) We do have a habit of using the same word to mean different things in alternate contexts. In this case a "jig" is a frame or stand used to aid assembly or construction. So the "jig" holds the parts of the model whilst glue or paint dries or to aid location of components in a complex construction. It is also a traditional dance!

Hope this helps

Oh and beautiful model!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...