P-61 black widow kit

rob85

I have been looking in the internet most of the day trying to find a stockist of the dragon p-61... to be honest I would even consider a well priced old airfix.... but everywhere I try appears out of stock.

are they still made? Is there some where with stock? Is there an option I have missed? Am I just thick?

always liked this ac and would love to build it, any help would be great!

Rob

A worthy aircraft Rob,  - that everybody should have a go at building.

As it happens I have this Novo kit in my stash, still sealed in inner bag.

Open to PM offer if you can't find anything else.

And here are my P-61s.

First Dragon.

Dragon_P61A_BlackWidow.jpg

Next Airfix

Airfix_P61B_BlackWidow_zpsbyfpc9kl.jpg

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
PM

44 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

You could always wait for the forthcoming Hobby Boss 1/72 P-61 and see what that turns out like.

thanks

Mike

Well that's a good shout Mike, cheers, I'm off to the roumermunger to see what the crack is! 

38 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

A worthy aircraft Rob,  - that everybody should have a go at building.

As it happens I have this Novo kit in my stash, still sealed in inner bag.

Open to PM offer if you can't find anything else.

And here are my P-61s.

First Dragon.

Dragon_P61A_BlackWidow.jpg

Next Airfix

Airfix_P61B_BlackWidow_zpsbyfpc9kl.jpg

Hmmm novo, interesting, you may get a pm if I am still at a loss... that's not supposed to sound offensive by the way. And yes she is a fine aircraft, just got something about her!

Thanks both for the help

Rob

Let me know how you do with the HobbyBoss search @rob85, I am also drooling with anticipation. I have built a few of the Dragon kits, and while they are nice some report fit issues that I also experienced. I would wait for the HB kit before spending the average going rate on the auction sites.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, modelglue said:

Let me know how you do with the HobbyBoss search @rob85, I am also drooling with anticipation. I have built a few of the Dragon kits, and while they are nice some report fit issues that I also experienced. I would wait for the HB kit before spending the average going rate on the auction sites.

16 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'm surely waiting to see how Hobby Boss do with their new ones, I'd love to do an -A in the OD finish like TPS has done above. Nice job on that. If they review OK, I'll be up for one.

Steve.

Cheers chaps!

i am with you both, funny you commented on here MG as it was you and I that commented on the thread for its announcement! The HB catalogue for 2017 shows the A,B and C in 1/72... if this is the case I would happily take all three if all the cads are anything to go by but still don't have a date :(

i will I'll keep my ear to the ground...

cheers red for all the posts for the older kits I will bear them in mind if I get impatient with HB! :)

Rob

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Selwyn said:

Go to Kingkit.co.uk,  they have numerous P61 black widows in all scales. just search "Black widow" in aircraft.

Selwyn

When I looked this afternoon they had loads of 1/48 and one in 1/32, but only one 1/72 one, a Frog at £19.99. Same when checking now.

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 2