Super Pershing only 10 years old!

SleeperService

15 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

You are definitely getting there fella.....I really like the work on the turret, it's going to look splendid under paint with a wash or two.  :thumbsup:

Thanks! Err yes...weathering...fidget, fidget...never actually done that before. But there's no time like the present I suppose. 

Get your various weathering bits and a junk kit and just play with 'em.....It's really good fun. :coolio:

After a while you'll find the techniques that work for you and the best order to apply them.....The only real tip I can offer is not to try to do it all at once, build it up in layers, just like the real thing.  ;)

• Like 1

Hi There

tumblr_oki34ovEjd1t8blhlo1_1280.jpg

Got a session in at the table and moved forward a bit. She won't be finished in KUTA IX but will get done in the KUTA wind down period.

Replacement spring balances made and fitted. After lots of staring at pictures I think the conversion parts are too wide. These seem about right and clear the commanders sight bar and gunners periscope which I think the crew would find useful.

I wasn't happy with the hull front parts either so out came the 1.0mm card and a bit of cutting and shaping got something that seems OK.

The suspension mods are complete and I've filled all the unused location holes on the front end.

I've still got to re-build the rear grilles but I've cleared the major hurdles and can now get on with the rest of the lower hull and turret. Great Times!

As I mentioned earlier I'll make the grilles for all my planned Pershing builds together they are;

Std gun tank French Army

M45 105mm US-Korea

T26E4 long 90mm gun US-CONUS

T12 Tank Recovery Vehicle

and...

The proposed T25E1 fitted with the T29 turret and 105mm gun T5E1. (Hunnicutt Pershing Pg 119) Yes, it's a bit WHIF but it looks bonkers. It needs to be built.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peeps

Old GBs never Die they just fade away. Here we have my resumed Super Pershing on it's tracks!!!

tumblr_ol7hcaeXu71t8blhlo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ol7hcaeXu71t8blhlo1_1280.jpg

I had to cut up a couple of spare track parts to add another link to each side. I've also fiddled with the front hull top to back date the Tamiya kit to the earlier 400cfm blower from the half and half kit offering. I've knocked off the muzzle brake and will find it later (he typed hopefully). Just waiting for my ordered 0.25mm plastic card and then I'll return to the triple damned louvres. 

Ignore the dandruff it's resin saw dust from my other current build. But I will need to deal with the fluff on the add on armour. Ho Hum.

• Like 3

Hi Nimrod

Thanks. It's Shermanic's technique matt black then 4 parts black & 1 part track silver heavy dry brushed, then a lighter dry brush of same two colours the other way round, then a hint of track colour to finish. 

Once I get these louvres sorted I will do all I need for the rest of them. After that anything else will be simple. 

Found and reglued the muzzle brake as well. Result.

• Like 1

Very much so!

Noticed in Hunnicutt that there was a scheme involving the T25 hull and the T29 turret with long 105mm gun. That'll give these Paper Panzers something to think about....

In other news my 0.25mm (and certainly NOT 10thou) plastic card has just arrived. Grilles V7(?).0 later.