its a de de de de Maaad World....

D1fuN0

Good Morning Chaps :bye:

Right, there are just faaaaar too many hairyplane thingies on this years yearbook, so its about time the hooligan contingent got their fingers out and started posting some of their builds....

First up....

41 Willys Gasser  - I finally managed to finish it! Build standard from the box, with a few photo etched details added and finished in Tamiya Semi Gloss Black

20150914_094522.jpg

The Naked Hayabusa - Just wanting to do something a little different with a Hayabusa, so I lopped off half the fairing. Finished in Tamiya Racing Blue.

The cladding around the pipes is just normal tamiya tape painted some arb lightish colour.

DSCN1358.jpg

Honda RC166  - I managed to track down all the detail sets except the wheels for a very good price. Really is a fantastic kit.

2016-01-06%2010.11.08.jpg

Yamaha '04 YZR M1 - Tamiya kit built standard from the box with Aftermarket fag decals, finished in Zero Racing Blue.

IMG_1053.jpg

68 Plymouth Roadrunner - I purchased this when I was down at the coast on holiday, and from the off I just knew it had to be bright green. Standard out the box with a few small details added such as wiring etc and finished in Gravity Sublime Green.

IMG_0150.jpg

68 Foose Pontiac Firebird- I got this because it looked great on the box with seriously lowered suspension, but its not like that on the kit... but never mind, really is a nice kit and finished in Gravity Plum Crazy

IMG-20160131-WA0050.jpg

1/43rd Opel Manta 400M - This was given to me by a friend because I expressed an interest in building 43rd's... and what a complete dog of a kit. It took me a couple of months and a few repaints but I eventually got it too an exceptable standard. It is supposed to be a rally version but the decals were too big for the kit so they were oiked.

IMG_0151.jpg

1/43rd Ferrari 121 - This is the BBR resin kit and it is a beauty. What a fantastic little kit. Finished in Tamiya Italian Red.

IMG_0332.jpg

Hasegawa Ferrari 250 TR - I don't normally like or build Ferrari's, but I do like the classic ones. This is built up with the Hobbydesign photoetch set and finished in Tamiya Italian Red.

IMG_0184.jpg

65 Chevy Impala - I like the old Impala's and I wanted to try something a bit different. Base coat is Tamiya Pearl White over which I sprayed Pearl Green and sealed it all off with a light coat of Pearl Clear.

IMG_20160812_203136.jpg

1/12th Fiat Mephisto - what a magnificent kit!. It took months to finish and its built from the box with just a few bits of plumbing added. Its finished in one of Zero's Ferrari Red(think it was the 50's - 60's one)

Sorry, a small bragging moment, but I'm so chuffed. It won Best Open Wheel and Best Competition Vehicle at our annual SANNL Model car show this year :)

IMG_0388.jpg

Honda Martini Racing RS1000.  Just to show you that what if's are not exclusively for the realm of wingy things, this is Tamiya's re released RS 1000 with decals from 7 other kits to make up the livery. At our annual competition a new category was added for What If racing schemes, and a Martini bike just seemed to be the obvious choice. Kit is standard and finished in Gravity Titanium White.

IMG_20160813_144600.jpg

Aoshima Lamborghini Huracan - I love the Aoshima Lambo's and when this arrived everything was put aside and off we shunted and it was built and finished in 7 days!. I also used Aoshima's photo etch set and finished in Tamiya Chrome Yellow and lots of polish :)

IMG_20161002_152718_1.jpg

Airfix Fokker EII Eindekker - Shock and horror an airyplane!. Yep, saw it in the shop and took it home. Remembering some of the old airfix kits I've built in the past, I started with some trepidation, but man oh man, I've never had so much fun building a plane. What an excellent kit. Finished in Vallejo Radome Tan and Tamiya Polished Aluminium.

IMG_20161128_074701.jpg

Takom Mk A Whippet.  -  I really miss building armour, but the 15 odd years I spent building tanks and AFV's, I really wanted something different to get back into armour again and WW1 tanks seemed the best choice for me. It really is a fantastic kit and in the interim, I have purchased a couple more wubbleyew wubbleyew one tanks. The Whippet is finished in a ficticious scheme with Vallejo colours, except the tracks, which are Tamiya Dark Iron drybrushed with Gun Metal.

IMG_20161202_121606.jpg

Well, that's about it from me for this year. If we were to start on the 'nearly, but not quite yearbook' we'd be here all flamin day with stuff that was started and not finished yet,(like my Tamiya Mercedes 300SL, Started in Feb and STILL not finished.... :) )

Anyhoo, I wish you all a happy festive season and hope that your next year of builds is a productive one

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

Edited by MAD STEVE
  • Like 14

It's great to see such an attractive and diverse selection Steve, particularly the bikes.

Congratulations too on trying to improve the looks of a Hayabusa - much needed IMHO!

Cliff

• Like 1

What a great year! Love the Mefistofele and the Huracan, I'm quite tempted to get the latter actually.

I'm surprised you had enough dry time to do so many shiny paint jobs in one year :)

Will

Afternoooooon :bye:

Thanks for the comments chaps, much appreciated :)

Will... Funny thing is I don't actually like the shiny shiny normally, I just usually plop on a coat of Tamiya clear, but the Huracan I suppose needed to be polished :)

:santa:Mad Steve:santa: