Tamiya 1/48 A6m5 Zero

All,

Completed Tamiya's excellent 48 scale Zero kit that includes figures.   Expensive kit, but went together with no issues and this one has an amazingly detailed cockpit for the scale.

As always, built entirely from the box and have reverted back to brush painting on this one.  Used the AKM chipping effects fluid to try and give it the Japanese flaked paint look.

Great figures in this kit too. This would have looked great on a diorama but I'm no good at them so displayed in my cabinet as is.

As always, constructive comments welcomed.

Regards

Dave

100_1681_zpsdkfiagxp.jpg

100_1689_zpswzhnw9gf.jpg

100_1688_zpscjo5e0cg.jpg

100_1679_zpshfw5ricf.jpg

100_1684_zpsxybocvgr.jpg

100_1683_zps03ak0uvl.jpg

100_1685_zps2wtoiyge.jpg

100_1686_zps42xilmai.jpg

• Like 11

Nice build - really well done, nicely finished...  

I have never built a Japanese aeroplane in all my years of modelling. 

Forgive me me for going off topic but I used to fence Epee in Gravesend.  We used to use the Grammar School.  Is that club still going?  There used to be a lefty there who was ex GB Team (John?)- always hard to beat...

Gentlemen -

Thank you all kindly.

8 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Nice build - really well done, nicely finished...  

I have never built a Japanese aeroplane in all my years of modelling. 

Forgive me me for going off topic but I used to fence Epee in Gravesend.  We used to use the Grammar School.  Is that club still going?  There used to be a lefty there who was ex GB Team (John?)- always hard to beat...

GB -

Yes, the club (Gravesham Fencing Club) is still going but we now meet at a local leisure centre (Cygnets in Northfleet) and yes, John is still involved in the club.  I've been a member for about 8 years and fence epee (hence my forum name) Tuesday and Friday evening.

Drop me a PM with your details and I'll mention your contact to the older members of the club if you like.

Regards

Dave