Airfix Bf109E-4 1/72

I’ve only just started making models again after six or so years and wanted a cheap and cheerful kit just to get me back into the swing of things.

The little Airfix 1/72 Bf109 kit, just about to make a Kent farmer a bit cheesed off.

WP_20161204_14_16_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20161204_14_53_09_Pro.jpg

The angle of the aircraft is a tad extreme, the original plan was to have it much higher up. Stability and practicality caused a change of plan.

Mart

• Like 34

Great model! I was just thinking that there was no way to pull out of such a dive at 15 feet altitude...

Brilliant modelling!

JR

18 hours ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

I assume the battery(ies) are in the based and the wires concealed in the support?

Yup.

This was my first idea.

WP_20160831_17_55_59_Pro.jpg

Gubbins out of a Poundland solar light. Chop off the LED, and wire in the motor. However the battery was too small to hold a decent charge for any length of time, I think I got about 30 seconds out of it! 

Plan B was to do a quick and dirty switch/resistor/battery setup (CR2032 3v jobby). The results of which are just too horrendous to show in public.

The original intention was to have it about a foot high, but I saw that ending in disaster. More importantly, it wouldn’t fit on my display shelf. Knowing that Von Werra survived this crash unfortunately makes my little scene slightly unrealistic. I may pop it off the support and redo it more accurately.  

C’est la vie.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words.:)

Mart

Edited by LotusArenco
  • Like 1