1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

2 hours ago, Etienne said:

Hello,

I guess I am the french gentleman 😉 ... I think it is a question of internet browser as I see the pics on my Ipad but not on my PC.

E

It would appear you are Etienne ;)

Nice update Julian, pictures have showed up on page 2 but still not up on page 1 very strange, see you bought a B17G do have one of those but in 1/32 scale.

Will look forward to the next update

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

On 19-12-2016 at 2:07 PM, BeeKay said:

Looking fantastic Julian, I'm in for this build and I'm sorely tempted mate!

Brian

Thank you very much Brian, welcome aboard once again.

:)

17 hours ago, Ripaman said:

Nice update Julian, pictures have showed up on page 2 but still not up on page 1 very strange, see you bought a B17G do have one of those but in 1/32 scale.

Will look forward to the next update

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard, suppose you could call it "Rhapsody in red lead primer" :D

The 1/32 B-17 would have been the model of choice but the Airfix offering is easier to store when finished...............................................

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, LSPADDICT said:

Nice work, and very swift progress too. Have you seen the build group on Facebook..? Lots of people building these with some fab posts :)

There are lots of nice build groups online, with excellent builds on show.B) Problem is not to be too influenced by what you see there...........................

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Away from the forum for a while and came back to see this :) nice progress Julian.

its a big beast :frantic:

Dan 

Thanks Dan, progress hasn't been too bad. How are you doing?

cheers,

Julian

22/12 update.

Work continues fitting the torsion bar suspension. I bought MiG's King Tiger build and detail booklet, some nice details here. Also ordered the two Classy Hobby 1/16th tank driver and tank commander figure, very nice, choice of head gear, nicely detailed ear-goggles and throat mikes and decals for the uniform insignia. Hope I can plug the little guys down the hatch openings.

DSCN4402.jpg

DSCN4403.jpg

DSCN4394.jpg

DSCN4395.jpg

DSCN4406.jpg

B)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BeeKay said:

They do look nice figures Julian, with plenty possible applications. Keep up the good work mate!

Brian

Thanks Brian,

Have to check the type of gear with accurate camo schemes. That is still a long way down the road though ;)

2 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Some very nice additions to the build Gremlin.

Have we a name for the crew members?, come to that the JT?

Simon.

The names seem to appear with input from other site inhabitants, think of Kev's remark regarding visions of a little yellow tank skipping through the meadows, probably due to imbibing a bad batch of scrumpy. That became the IV's moniker: "Buttercup". More or less the same for Herman and Benno. No telling what this will turn into Simon :D Probably amazingly unsuitable for the younger members, full of double entendres and on the edge of being banned :P:D

23/12 update.

All torsion bars painted and fitted. The main fuel tanks have been fitted. The firewall fits like a glove. I have been watching this part like a hawk due to the troubles had fitting the firewall in his KT.

Looks like Trumpie did some quick fixing here.

DSCN4407.jpg

DSCN4408.jpg

DSCN4409.jpg

DSCN4410.jpg

:)

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

It looks OK from over here Gremlin....

As for names for the crew, may I suggest Walter and Werkes ...

Simon.

Walter from Wiesbaden I can live with but Werkes I can't place, how did you decide on that one Simon.

14 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Walter from Wiesbaden I can live with but Werkes I can't place, how did you decide on that one Simon.

Water works.... taking the p.. Gremlin.

Or Hansel and Gretel as he was known after the war, nasty accident with a large spanner, made your eyes water thinking about it.

Simon.

• Like 1

The driver will be called "Werkes slecht" from now on, in view of the fact that his valve has been permanently adjusted by a low flying spanner and the tank commander shall be Walter from Wiesbaden, should be an ideal combo :blink::rolleyes::huh:

• Like 1