1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

Very Nice Julian I like the muddy footprints around the base the scene defiantly has the look of one poor sergeant getting a right old rollicking off his Co

One to many bottles left empty Me thinks   :drunk:

beefy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Very Nice Julian I like the muddy footprints around the base the scene defiantly has the look of one poor sergeant getting a right old rollicking off his Co

One to many bottles left empty Me thinks   :drunk:

beefy

I think he would be just about comatose after two bottles of Cognac, he might be considering shooting his boss with a Champagne cork though....................

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 20:00, Gremlin56 said:

Think I need to finish HD Judy Simon, new experience finishing a build :unsure:

The Whippet is a nice change of direction........................................

I understand that you do not finish the models ???, I still remember the "tug with caterpillars", and Buttercup, but I have not seen them for the section RIP, it is a pity, I do not know if it will be the same, but it happens to me that when the kit is almost finished, I find it hard to finish the details, and I do not find the time for the work done to be useful, but I force myself to finish them, because if not, I know that they are left as they are, maybe because the "euphoria" of starting a new kit, is thinning with the passage of time, and I just want to see it finished (magically ... lol)

By the way, your Whippet and the figures are magnificent ...and that I've lost your WIP, sorry.

Cheers Julian :D

• Like 1

On 12/05/2017 at 4:20 PM, Gremlin56 said:

Thanks gentlemen,

Like the "Fat Judy" title, she is huge. It's been a fun build and is now very nearly finished. Some final weathering and then time to start thinking about a next project.

Here is a small 12/5 update.

Werner and Wolfgang are now completely wired up and can now communicate with each other.

DSCN5013.jpg

DSCN5016.jpg

DSCN5014.jpg

B)

Hi Julian just been catching up with your amazing build. As the attention to detail is so spot on with the vehicle I wanted to say your figures uniforms are slightly wrong. The original figues portray Army Panzer troops. You have modded these into Waffen-SS figures using the other insignia but there are a number of errors :

• Tank commander cap insignia is still Army
  • Eagle insignia should be on left sleeve for W-SS, not right breast (you have the correct W-SS pattern eagle though)
  • Totenkopf divison troops usually had skull collar patches not SS runes
  • Cuff title is too low

These are the main issues that anyone is likely to spot. On a more subtle point, the army and SS Panzer uniforms are slightly different in cut, but only a uniform nerd would spot that! Also I have not seen any examples of SPG or Artillery crew wearing black jackets with field grey trousers, but almost anything is possible, esp late in the war. I am away from home at the moment, but can dig up some pictures to show you what I mean if you like.

Chris

• Like 1

On 28-5-2017 at 10:58 AM, FrancisGL said:

I understand that you do not finish the models ???, I still remember the "tug with caterpillars", and Buttercup, but I have not seen them for the section RIP, it is a pity, I do not know if it will be the same, but it happens to me that when the kit is almost finished, I find it hard to finish the details, and I do not find the time for the work done to be useful, but I force myself to finish them, because if not, I know that they are left as they are, maybe because the "euphoria" of starting a new kit, is thinning with the passage of time, and I just want to see it finished (magically ... lol)

By the way, your Whippet and the figures are magnificent ...and that I've lost your WIP, sorry.

yes, guilty Francis, occasionally I terminate a build while there is still some work to do. The Whippet will go to RFI though, http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235022051-breaking-point/ , too pleased with the result to leave it off.

Cheers mate ;)

On 29-5-2017 at 0:21 PM, fernwood79 said:

Hi Julian just been catching up with your amazing build. As the attention to detail is so spot on with the vehicle I wanted to say your figures uniforms are slightly wrong. The original figues portray Army Panzer troops. You have modded these into Waffen-SS figures using the other insignia but there are a number of errors :

• Tank commander cap insignia is still Army
  • Eagle insignia should be on left sleeve for W-SS, not right breast (you have the correct W-SS pattern eagle though)
  • Totenkopf divison troops usually had skull collar patches not SS runes
  • Cuff title is too low

These are the main issues that anyone is likely to spot. On a more subtle point, the army and SS Panzer uniforms are slightly different in cut, but only a uniform nerd would spot that! Also I have not seen any examples of SPG or Artillery crew wearing black jackets with field grey trousers, but almost anything is possible, esp late in the war. I am away from home at the moment, but can dig up some pictures to show you what I mean if you like.

Chris

Thanks for the pointers Chris, that bad hey? I did wonder whether to put a deaths head or the SS runes on the collar. Still made a mess of these two guys then, guess I'll bin them then and leave HD Judy without a crew,

Cheers,

Julian :D

3 hours ago, PhilHendry said:

That's absolutely ace! Definitely not my sort of thing, and I think it's mad... But it's still great... And a good sort of mad!

Thanks Phil, as a "Coonass" American supply vessel skipper once said to me: "When I'm not dazzling them with my brilliance I'm baffling them with my bullshit"

It is one of the maddest mad things I have built :mental:

• Like 2

Straight from Ammo from MiG in Spain:

DSCN5037.jpg

DSCN5038.jpg

Will take a thorough rummage through the box in a dedicated thread (could be a while off though.................................................................)

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thanks for the pointers Chris, that bad hey? I did wonder whether to put a deaths head or the SS runes on the collar. Still made a mess of these two guys then, guess I'll bin them then and leave HD Judy without a crew,

Hi Julian, they're not *bad* at all! The standard of painting is fantastic like the rest of the kit. It would be such a shame to lose the colour that figures add. It would be easy to remove the W-SS decals, give them all black unis and revert to Heer Panzertruppe. :)

Chris 

16 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Straight from Ammo from MiG in Spain:

DSCN5037.jpg

Will take a thorough rummage through the box in a dedicated thread (could be a while off though.................................................................)

I see you fancy WW1 now, an interesting change. It is called the attention that you have bought the FT17 in Mig of Spain, there is no where you live kits of Takom ?, it is only curiosity, because they are expensive and with the costs of shipping, I imagine that even more ...
I will really like to see how you do it.

• Like 1

On 30-5-2017 at 6:07 PM, PhilHendry said:

The lunacy continues! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!

Hi Phil,

this little fellow was instrumental in the development of the tank as we know it. The detailing is excellent so I am looking forward to building this armored shrimp :D

On 31-5-2017 at 10:05 AM, fernwood79 said:

Hi Julian, they're not *bad* at all! The standard of painting is fantastic like the rest of the kit. It would be such a shame to lose the colour that figures add. It would be easy to remove the W-SS decals, give them all black unis and revert to Heer Panzertruppe. :)

Chris 

Oh, heck Chris, I binned them and the trash was collected this afternoon. Bugger, well, they are gone for good.

Okay, well thanks for the advice Chris,

cheers mate

Julian

On 31-5-2017 at 10:44 AM, FrancisGL said:

I see you fancy WW1 now, an interesting change. It is called the attention that you have bought the FT17 in Mig of Spain, there is no where you live kits of Takom ?, it is only curiosity, because they are expensive and with the costs of shipping, I imagine that even more ...
I will really like to see how you do it.

Hi Francis,

just getting over the rather abrupt departure of "Werner and Wolfgang" from the HD Judy Build. WW I is something I follow, I have a great Uncle still unfound out there somewhere.

The Ft was on a limited time offer from MiG that entailed a 50% discount on the price of several local shops.

Being a rather jaded SOB I ordered it and it is really a nice package. Ordered the MiG French WW I - WW II color set yesterday so by the time I finish the slug (A7V) I should be good to go.

I spent some time working on HD Judy's backside, (fnar fnar), of course I mean rear engine compartment bulkhead, so photo's incoming tomorrow.

• Like 2

Hi Julian

Sorry to hear about the abrupt demise of  "Werner and Wolfgang" they will be sorely missed :wtf:

Just make sure when you're working around Judy's bottom :analintruder: you ensure there are no missing/ loose/ malformed/ blah/ blah/ blah/ RIVETS !!

Meanwhile I'm enjoying your WWI diversion.

Kev

• Like 2

Thanks Kev, hearing that Werner and Wolfgang weren't too bad I might have been rather hasty in binning them. I'll just close the hatches instead of showing some figures to give an idea of the size of the real deal. Taking great care of Judy's bottom thank you :thumbsup: Just wish she would stop giggling when I use the fan brush ;)

Working on the slug's photo etch, it really is an ugly thing, can't think why I bought it really :mental:

• Like 2

9/6 Final update.

I am calling HD Judy finished. there are still two thing I want to touch up but I won't bother you all with that.

I have really enjoyed building this huge machine. I am sure that the "Illuminati" will make builds and books that show that Trumpeter fluffed the kit and point out how to make a 100% accurate JT model but who really cares. This monster can't be mistaken for a T-72 so I am very happy with the result. The journey lasted through 498 photos and about 6 months. Thank you for letting me bore you all this time.

DSCN5053.jpg

DSCN5054.jpg

DSCN5055.jpg

DSCN5056.jpg

DSCN5057.jpg

DSCN5063.jpg

DSCN5064.jpg

DSCN5065.jpg

DSCN5066.jpg

DSCN5067.jpg

DSCN5068.jpg

Yes, Buttercup plays a cameo role in the final update, Werner and Wolfgang  didn't make it to finals due to advice on the crappiness of my rendition of their uniforms.

Cheers,

:huh:

• Like 4

Hope so Simon, otherwise there is going to be a horrific noise from JT's that go thud in the night.

The camo still scares me, wouldn't like to try that again..................................................

• Like 1