1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

Coming along nicely now Julian. Nice work with those vinyl hoses, such a daft idea by Trumpeter! On the real tracks the guide horns were slightly shorter on the inside. I just trimmed them down around the sprocket and left the rest, saved messing with the sprocket. I took the same approach with the pin marks on the tracks too, no point filling what wont be seen!

Keep up the good work! :yes:

• Like 1

Thank you very much Matt, your level of super detailing is outside my comfort zone but I am having fun with the advice you gave me and am doing a little bit of scratching here and there.

Trumpeter have made some changes that point straight at DP's KT detailing so at least they seem to listen to the "builders".

I have done just that with the track teeth, trim the teeth that go on the sprocket and leave the rest.

Cheers

:smile:

5 minutes ago, Ridgback said:

Hi Julian

Did you finish Buttercup? I have been looking but cannot find her, can you provide a link to her please as I would like to see her again :)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234987456-116-trumpeter-pzkpfw-iv-h/&page=33

This should do the trick

I suppose I could throw some away, the worn ones, but they generally go into the "dirty jobs" jar for weathering, gluing etc.

Mrs. Grem 56 keeps asking that as well though............................:howzat:

• Like 1

Well Gremlin, you never have too many mate.

I keep telling the lady R. that, and she agrees too..

Although, when it comes down to it, I probably only use maybe 4/5 brushes, they are always handy to have.

I suppose it`s the same with paints to!!!!

We seem to amass them so much.

Simon.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with a lot of paintbrushes - although I haven't got that many :hypnotised: and I primarily paint my kits with brushes! Good progress! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

3/2 update.

Managed a couple of hours at the bench today. Engine has been fitted to engine compartment, no going back now, plastic glue, CA and Gator grip should keep the engine in place permanently. Just needs some cleaning up and some retouching to make it ready for posterity. Werner has bee receiving some TLC to make him the dashing, panzer commander I envision:

DSCN4549.jpg

DSCN4550.jpg

DSCN4546.jpg

DSCN4551.jpg

I hope everything finally fits nicely, things are rather vague at times :nerdy:

Also bought a very nice book on the subject of B-17g's :

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010962-what-have-you-last-purchased-7/&page=32

If I ever get around to building it....................................

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Both pieces looking smart.....

Your B 17 book looks rather informative. As you've shown the sectioned drawing I guess this is the way your going to model it....:evil_laugh:

Kev

Nah, not even luke warm. About as likely as me eloping with Donald R. Wondering if I will ever even build the darned B-17G. No, nice try but but no bite :smile:

Really, no bite  :harumpf:

Not even a nibble ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................:giggle:

:violin:

3 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Getting a bit cramped in the back there Gremlin?

And Werner is starting to look quite dapper too....

Now off to have a look at this B 17 book....

Simon.

Not enough room to swing an ant in the boot............................................................

typical German transport, nice engine but no room for the Mrs's clothes...............................................................................

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Not enough room to swing an ant in the boot............................................................

typical German transport, nice engine but no room for the Mrs's clothes...............................................................................

IS that a good thing, no room for the good ladies clothes, you know that that needs an artic to carry that amount.

And she still find anything to wear!!! as well.

Looked at the book, and yes mate looks informative, although the cutaway does look rather intriguing.

Simon. 

Edited by Spookytooth
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

IS that a good thing, no room for the good ladies clothes, you know that that needs an artic to carry that amount.

And she still find anything to wear!!! as well.

Looked at the book, and yes mate looks informative, although the cutaway does look rather intriguing.

Simon. 

I won't risk serious bodily harm by venting this opinion to Mrs. Grem56, :happy:................

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

The engine does look good in place and the figure is looking rather excellent too! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Bless you Stix, it was a very intense operation fitting the engine with the bulkheads all fixed in position. Now to reduce the available space even more :yikes:

• Like 1