- SUKHOI Su-9 - 1/48 - Trumpeter

- This is my last Fishpot. For the NMF, I have noticed that for a same color the parts without primer had a different shade, so I tried this on this model, it may not be very visible on the photo, but the model show neatly this difference

IMG_7695.jpg

- This photo show the Su 9 I made some years ago by kit bashing with Su 15 and Su 7 parts and some scratch and now the trumpeter one

IMG_7695.jpg

014_zpsrumijj8k.jpg

013_zps8mskavo9.jpg

010_zpsmeuhu6ot.jpg

008_zpsyhfxizzp.jpg

007_zpsztrzioic.jpg

004_zps7nysrjsa.jpg

001_zpsoebsdxlx.jpg

• Like 17

Fantastic fishpot!  What do You think about the Kit? Is it easy to build?  Any Problems? Would like to build this Kit one day? I would be very pleased about some information. 

Thanks 

all the best

Andy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Fantastic fishpot!  What do You think about the Kit? Is it easy to build?  Any Problems? Would like to build this Kit one day? I would be very pleased about some information. 

Thanks 

all the best

Andy 

- Hi Andy

- Few problems with this kit, some scratch building is required around the cockpit which is rather crude, I used a Neomega Sukhoi Su-7 cockpit and seat which fit reasonably well, if not corresponding to a real Su-9 one but it look  good  after some painting job, the radar scope on the top of the coaming under the windscreen come from a Su-15 flagon cockpit kit discovered in my spare box.I used A.M airscoops too .Wheels should be replaced by A.M spare,if available but I had to make do with the kit ones  . Most of the problems comes from the paneling and riveting recessed lines which are very irregular, lacking of deepness mostly on the top and under the fuselage .Enjoy your building..J.M

• Like 2