Tamiya Benetton B192 1:20

Here's the Tamiya Benetton B192 that Martin Brundle drove.

It's hand painted barring the decals and took an age to do, i wish i had an airbrush when i did this, i think it took about 2 months all in all.

The yellow is a mix of 2 humbrol paints, i cant remember the colours i used, but i made the mistake of laying down grey primer as a base, i should've used white, it wouldn't have needed 4 layers of paint. I couldn't work with the tamiya spray as suggested in the instructions. The Green is tamiya's park green from a jar rather than the spray.

The decals had dried out as i bought it second hand off ebay. When i put the decals in water, they flaked off so had to buy 3rd party decals from Hiroboy. 

Anyway, its not turned out too bad considering but enjoyed the tamiya kit over the revell kit. It just seemed to fit better.

20161209_070032_zps8kcmc3fb.jpg

20161020_075045_zpsbejhhxbr.jpg

20161020_075016_zpsb9s4uzij.jpg

Edited by Timbo343
  • Like 11

Nice work! The yellow and green look spot on. This is one of the few Tamiya F1 kits I don't have, I'll have to have a look around eBay for one of these.

Great job on the decal work as well, it must've taken forever!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Considering thats hand painted, youve done a great job!

I also bought this kit from ebay and the decals were the same, all dried out and cracked all over. Nice of the ebay seller to not tell me about that. :(

Again, i also did Brundle, never liked Schumacher :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Briggers said:

Considering thats hand painted, youve done a great job!

I also bought this kit from ebay and the decals were the same, all dried out and cracked all over. Nice of the ebay seller to not tell me about that. :(

Again, i also did Brundle, never liked Schumacher :)

Thank you :).

Get the seller to pay for the decals from hiroboy. They are about £11. It must be the age of the model or the decals are crap.

On 09/12/2016 at 7:48 PM, Jake Moon said:

Nice work! The yellow and green look spot on. This is one of the few Tamiya F1 kits I don't have, I'll have to have a look around eBay for one of these.

Great job on the decal work as well, it must've taken forever!

Theres one on ebay for sale if you're interested http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262785036047

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Timbo343 said:

Thank you :).

Get the seller to pay for the decals from hiroboy. They are about £11. It must be the age of the model or the decals are crap.

Yep,  i Bought that set from hiroboy too :)