Magna Models acquired by Combat Kits

Homebee

Source: http://www.aim72.co.uk/page6.html

Magna Models

Because production of Magna Models has now ceased in Spain,
we will continue production of these kits and conversions when existing stocks are exhausted
and if they are considered commercially viable.

These will be available exclusively from Hannants of Lowestoft as all our other products.

The first will be the Westland Wyvern T Mk 3 conversion set

wp9a6fc04b_05_06.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

They appear to be doing the 1/48th range as kit 4814 the Sea Prince only made its debut after I ceased distributing the range, unless Martin had stocks in hand ready for the launch. I'm surprised to see the Wyvern conversion in AIM's boxing as this kit never sold. In fact I think I still have some of the Magna boxing in the store room.

I bought the Wyvern conversion from Hannants at a silly price when they had it on one of their specials. I intended to use it with a Frog kit. (There was a seperate frog version rather than this one which on Hannats website states for the Trumpeter kit, but I don't see it as being to hard to adapt it. I don't recall getting decals though. :( I'll be pleased to see others in the range continue to be available though, Firecrest anyone?

Steve

Edited by stevehnz

The only reason we are doing the Wyvern is because I like it.

Current thinking is:

Vacuum cast resin

New or revised metal moulds and new masters where necessary.

New instructions based on the original information.

The bigger kits may be difficult where a big new vacuum chamber will be necessary if we vacuum cast the fuselages.

Edited by tnuag
additional info
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/freightdogmodels/photos/a.238637406163951/2348590921835245/

Freightdog Models

Telford is fast approaching, as in previous years I am sharing my stand with Combat Kits, who acquired the Magna resin range last year. Expected for release will be four extensively re-worked kits, now commercially cast with clear resin canopies, white metal and decals by Fantasy Printshop. Items we have Scottish Aviation Twin and single engine Pioneers in 1/72, and the Blackburn Firebrand TF.II and TF.5 in 1/48. Please note the Firebrands are available in very small quantities as these are pre-production batch, kit will only be officially released in 2019. Come and see us in Hall 2, more Telford release news to follow.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...