Foldable dioramas and wargame board

Jonathon

Hi,

This is a bit of a plug I'm afraid. In solving the problem of how to build on big boards without taking up masses of space, I came up with a folding base-board system which allows the board, terrain, buildings and all to be folded up into little boxes which are easy to transport and store. I've used the system on my North African terrain (picture below). The picture is part of my KickStarter project which is already live. There's loads more information about it all on KickStarter, my website and there's also a video of the whole thing folding away on youtube.

I'm hoping that this is something people might be interested in. But I'd also love you hear your comments and feedback about the folding baseboard idea.

project-image-for-website_1_orig.jpg

Cheers.

Hi bhouse,

At present the outside of the boxes are just sealed and finished with a coat of paint/varnish and my logo.

Because the boxes stack nicely it is possible to add Images to the faces of the boxes that look fairly continuous across the stacked boxes. So if the boxes were stored on a shelf you could make them look really good. Another option, and this is one I have tried with some Memoir 44 boards I made for my children, is to simply have different layouts on each side. However, that's not an option once you put terrain on them.

Cheers.