1/6 Tamiya Honda CB750 Four

Hi guys, been hard at it this last week burning the midnight oil to get this glam rocker done. I left the front mudguard in the packaging until I needed it and was amazing to find that it was a real metal item that had been chromed, I think it was done to keep the front forks straight. I noticed that the front brake caliper was missing the metal pipe that ran from the caliper to the brake hose, I made this from a piece of silver solder which was easily bent into shape to go round the back of the fork leg and I added the brake bleed nipple as I felt at this scale these items needed to be added. Also I have included pictures of the building instructions to show how intricate Tamiya made this kit. I hope you enjoy this blast down the 70's bike era.

n9CgKe0.jpg
EOmpXpJ.jpg
5K07KbV.jpg
s7Wz5jl.jpg
BBJkntz.jpg
vvbbQxl.jpg
fTapDVP.jpg
oXEgXnv.jpg
rpeTl7N.jpg
OkWRfYs.jpg
JHwOAZg.jpg
GomvtpN.jpg
KBHHt92.jpg
xi1JBMG.jpg
yT94Dsy.jpg
4Pnql5r.jpg
LK64N5p.jpg
ITtEFH2.jpg
uBmOG9Y.jpg
zCg9zP8.jpg
AiG9Ksr.jpg
EXe1uEz.jpg
HW6post.jpg
4VzleHF.jpg
7Ky6ugX.jpg
hIHpww0.jpg
34lhFhf.jpg
FN0txV6.jpg
64bes0S.jpg
CpCFYoX.jpg
Ul2o6v1.jpg
VpQK8an.jpg
d6mqXnv.jpg
lU14Wma.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 19

Cheers guys,been putting off building this kit for many years,but it was great to build such an iconic bike,i have plans to build a few more 70,s bikes over the next few months with a few sci fi detours in between,and a bit of Russian armour in the mix !

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, spitfire said:

Great job, I'm a big CB750 SOHC fan and the detail on that is brilliant.

Cheers

Dennis

Cheers Dennis, i had a few CB750F2 SOHC bikes in the 80,s,they were lovely,i am currently restoring a 76 kz900a4,76 GS750,75 GL1000 Goldwing,82 CBX Pro link.

• Like 2

That's a stunning CB750. The detail and finish you've achieved is superb.

In my biking days, this was the first big bike that I wanted to own.

When I eventually got around to buying a new bike, I went for the Suzuki GT750 Watercooled Triple instead.

Over the years, I had a couple of other Suzukis and two big BMW R100RTs, but I've always regretted never owning a CB750.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cngaero said:

That's a stunning CB750. The detail and finish you've achieved is superb.

In my biking days, this was the first big bike that I wanted to own.

When I eventually got around to buying a new bike, I went for the Suzuki GT750 Watercooled Triple instead.

Over the years, I had a couple of other Suzukis and two big BMW R100RTs, but I've always regretted never owning a CB750.

Thanks,i had a couple of CB750F2,S SOHC model,they were great bikes,also i had a GS750 and that was a great handling bike in its day.

I fully restored a GT750J drum break model back in 1990,it was in Classic bike magazine,it won best japanese at Stafford bike show in 91.

• Like 1

Very nice. I've looked at a couple of restored GT's and they still look great, however, I always thought that the drum braked J version was under braked a tad.

It was a powerful beastie that didn't like cornering at speed or stopping in a hurry.

The first one I bought was a brand new GT750M in 1975. This was the first model to have the twin disc brakes on the front. But sadly this one lost a high speed battle three months later with a tight bend, a ditch and a hedge, however, 6 pints of Guinness numbed the resulting rapid connection with the tarmac.

It was my own stupidity that caused the crash and I learned a very expensive lesson that night. The bike was a write off as was my helmet, along with a few layers of skin. Other than that, I was sore, but in one piece. That was in October 1975 and I've never touched a drop since.

My M model was replaced in 1976 by the new 750 A version. It was very similar, but I seem to recall it had slightly different gearing.

I really have a soft spot for the Suzukis, but I still wish I'd at least ridden a CB750.

Have you still got your J on the road?

• Like 1

On 11/12/2016 at 1:45 AM, cngaero said:

Very nice. I've looked at a couple of restored GT's and they still look great, however, I always thought that the drum braked J version was under braked a tad.

It was a powerful beastie that didn't like cornering at speed or stopping in a hurry.

The first one I bought was a brand new GT750M in 1975. This was the first model to have the twin disc brakes on the front. But sadly this one lost a high speed battle three months later with a tight bend, a ditch and a hedge, however, 6 pints of Guinness numbed the resulting rapid connection with the tarmac.

It was my own stupidity that caused the crash and I learned a very expensive lesson that night. The bike was a write off as was my helmet, along with a few layers of skin. Other than that, I was sore, but in one piece. That was in October 1975 and I've never touched a drop since.

My M model was replaced in 1976 by the new 750 A version. It was very similar, but I seem to recall it had slightly different gearing.

I really have a soft spot for the Suzukis, but I still wish I'd at least ridden a CB750.

Have you still got your J on the road?

Hi, I sold my GT750J about a year after I had restored it to a guy from Rugby who was pestering me for it and to be honest I got more pleasure out of restoring it than riding it. Also I had just bought an unrestored and original NSU 250 Super Max which I wanted to do a light restoration on, so sadly no I don't have it now but I am looking forward to restoring a GS750 that I have recently bought. I had great times riding one in my youth and I am really looking forward to trying this latest edition out, hopefully by next summer. Thanks for your kind interest in my builds, stay tuned for a very special project involving two Tamiya 1/6 scale kits as a kit bash special.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spitfire said:

Just for comparison this is the engine from my bike when I was restoring it, the model is very close to the real thing.

Polishedcovers001big.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

4 hours ago, spitfire said:

Just for comparison this is the engine from my bike when I was restoring it, the model is very close to the real thing.

Polishedcovers001big.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Very nice Dennis,i am currently restoring a 76 z900a4 and my engine looks like that after its been vapour blasted,i would love to see pics of your bikes mate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lee.

OMG...  what a WONDROUS  STUNNING  motorcycle. 

I am drooling over it and wish it was MINE :Tasty::heart::wub::worthy::worthy:

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 7:35 PM, spitfire said:

Polishedcovers001big.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis.WOW.

that is mighty IMPRESSIVE. 

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 15/12/2016 at 11:40 PM, Lee Chambers said:

Very nice Dennis,i am currently restoring a 76 z900a4 and my engine looks like that after its been vapour blasted,i would love to see pics of your bikes mate.

Hi Lee, here she is after restoration, I bought her new in 1976, the seat and tank are F2 but I like them..

LHSide.jpg

DenandCOI3922-2.jpg

This is the first CB750 that I owned, I wish that I still had this one.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

Awesome! I always wanted the CB-750 (Even though I thought the Kwak Z1 was more sporty). These 1/6 bike kits are incredible.

If only I could find one on evil-bay!

Eventually, I ended up with a VF-750F. Wish I still had it...

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 1

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 1:29 PM, spitfire said:

Hi Lee, here she is after restoration, I bought her new in 1976, the seat and tank are F2 but I like them..

LHSide.jpg

DenandCOI3922-2.jpg

This is the first CB750 that I owned, I wish that I still had this one.

Cheers

Dennis

Hey Dennis didn't know you like wearing LEATHERS! ;)

Lovely Motorbikes. wonder what happened to your CB750... WHO has it I wonder.

nice photos

thanks for sharing.

(going to India soon and no doubt I will bump into many Motorbikes especially old NORTONS. 

Edited by HOUSTON

37 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

(going to India soon and no doubt I will bump into many Motorbikes especially old NIRYONS. 

Thank you, but please don't bump into Motorbikes

Cheers

Dennis

Holy Parsnips -that is THE business! Your paintwork is phenomenal; I never owned one of these beasts but they were very much a 'thing' when my motorbiking 'career' got going in '72 -indeed, these pics conjure the very smell of a cycle showroom in the day: metal, metal, METAL! With something by The Sweet croaking out of a tinny transistor in the workshop out back...

(Dear God -all you need is a hideous purple & white Suzuki 750 kettle in the corner, and you have actually warped time for us! :thumbsup:)

• Like 1