P-51 Mustang STGB IV Chat

TEMPESTMK5

10 hours ago, johnd said:

I'd like to join, please. My entry will be either a 315 Squadron Mustang III (Hobby Boss) or an Airfix Mustang IV with Freightdog conversion, markings as yet unknown.

John.

Good morning johnd

Welcome aboard and as Enzo would say build them both ...

All the best

Patrice

8 hours ago, Graeme H said:

I thought I had signed up for this, but appears not, so I will join with an Airfix F-51D Dominican Republic version

Good morning Graeme

Welcome aboard

All the best

Patrice

On 11/23/2019 at 9:46 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Thats an even cheaper source of 1/72 dropped flaps for the Tamiya kit. :)

Martin

Hi Patrice, 

8 days and counting ..... I'll be contributing with a Tamiya 1/72 F-51D "315" of the Fuerza Aerea Guatemalteca.

Martin

Patrice,

I'm intending to build two 1/48 Tamiya kits for this GB - one will be a New Zealand bird but not yet sure which decals to use for the other one.

As they will be assembled in tandem, can I use one Build Thread or would you prefer separate entries?

Mike

36 minutes ago, FortyEighter said:

Patrice,

I'm intending to build two 1/48 Tamiya kits for this GB - one will be a New Zealand bird but not yet sure which decals to use for the other one.

As they will be assembled in tandem, can I use one Build Thread or would you prefer separate entries?

Mike

Good evening Mike

I think that it would be better for evereyone if you open 2 separate build thread if you plan to build a New Zealand Mustang and an yet unknow markings ..

All the best

Patrice

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Mike

I think that it would be better for evereyone if you open 2 separate build thread if you plan to build a New Zealand Mustang and an yet unknow markings ..

All the best

Patrice

OK Patrice, will do as two threads.

4 minutes ago, FortyEighter said:

OK Patrice, will do as two threads.

I intend to build at least 1 KP and 1 Academy P51 B and will open one thread for each one I think it will be easier ..

Best regards

Patrice

Hi Patrice

I also have a dual build ready for this.

But if possible I’d like to do it in one thread as the bullds will be completely identical at each stage except paint at the end. I hope that is ok.

edit: they will also be made simultaeneously

Edited by Dansk

Just flicking through the forum and found I had put my name down for this one, tbh I had forgotten, but I've still got a Tamiya 1/48 P51D stashed away somewhere and some decals that I used on a meng mustang a couple of years ago. Got a couple of things on the bench to finish off first then I'll be on it over Christmas at some point.

Will find out decal sheet and see what I've got and start a build thread. Think it may be an olive drab one, but I'll see what I have 

Thanks

Ian 😁

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I should never be surprised at how quick these come round!!

Agreed .. You’d think 90 or 120 days would last longer than it does. But all of a sudden you wake up and realize one build is close to done, and the next one is starting. 

• Like 2

I've found the decals and the kit and it looks like it's going to be either Frenesi  or Missouri Armada in olive drab, will decide as I go along

It can sit on the shelf with Passion wagon I built a couple of years ago

29920282_2034350793246522_1286118083_n

Ian :) 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, stevej60 said:

There's some cracking subjects already for take off in the GB,I'll join in after Christmas with either Lou IV or Big beautiful doll.

Good afternoon Steve

You know what Enzo would say ''Build them both'' ..

All the best

Patrice

Good morning all

This STGB is going to be a Big event given the list of participants and I feel I will need the help of a co-host so if you are interested let me know ..

Thanks in advance

Patrice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Patrice, I'd be happy to co-host.  Please remind me of what I'd actually be meant to DO?

bob

Good evening bob
I think as a host and co host we just have to welcome the new participants (and we will be numerous ) , try to answer their questions when they ask ..

In short, we must make sure that everything goes well ..

Patrice